Lucas Rules Clash

freshwillie

Reaction
loorrs west coast vs midwest. what class rules clash and which ones do
not? how should we combine rules?

acers

Reaction
They will work it out this year and be ready to rock in 2019. Cannot wait !!!!!!!!!!!

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction

Hey, are you the same Willy that bought the SDHQ stock full?

I’ve been bench racing this topic all weekend and it sounds like nobody knows what the rules are gonna be yet. They are saying that they want it to be more cost effective though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sb4pro

Reaction
As for pro 2 only I like the recent “ Crandon “ rule - dot tire , 410 cubic inch limit and spec heads . It seemed like it would’ve been a good cost effective option . Make p2 a “ pro spec “ class and p4 a anything goes class .

Rennsport Group

Reaction
As the press release states, the concept for 2018 is to allow all of the Midwest and West coast cars to run the way the rules are now. There might be a total coming together for PRO-4, which was happening anyway. At the Crandon World Cup we will run like we did in 2017 with a PRO-2 showdown for both specs as well as "Balance of Performance" specs where needed. That said, there is much to do and, yes, there are overall discussions for lowering the cost to run over the coming 2-3 seasons...

acers

Reaction
As for pro 2 only I like the recent “ Crandon “ rule - dot tire , 410 cubic inch limit and spec heads . It seemed like it would’ve been a good cost effective option . Make p2 a “ pro spec “ class and p4 a anything goes class .
Totally agree, at first when torc changed pro2 rules I did not like it but it work out pretty good. I hope they do not mess to much with pro4 but I understand its get out of hand cost wise.I am good with what ever they do if we get to see all the lucas drivers racing together in the midwest again !

freshwillie

Reaction
Hey, are you the same Willy that bought the SDHQ stock full?

I’ve been bench racing this topic all weekend and it sounds like nobody knows what the rules are gonna be yet. They are saying that they want it to be more cost effective though.

yes kinda i helped someone else buy your truck they converted it into a super stock truck which wasn't much work. they had to change the intake, carb, and fuel pump. then add some safety stuff. other stuff was done but that was the only necessary stuff.

dbq61537

Reaction

The big ones are the Pro2 rules...which a couple others above, have touched on. I will put the 2cents of...at the end of the 2017 season, TORC Pro2, was getting 15+ trucks, and looked like more were, getting ready for this year.

But the Pro Light rules, are drastically different. Different cage rules...TORC, 1.75 top half...LO, all 1.75, tubing.

Engine rules are very different now...TORC, OEM specific V8 (though you could run a Toyota body, with any of the three engine options)...LO, now uses a Spec engine.

And...check me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t LO, have a chassis age rule, for Pro Light?

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert mobile app

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
yes kinda i helped someone else buy your truck they converted it into a super stock truck which wasn't much work. they had to change the intake, carb, and fuel pump. then add some safety stuff. other stuff was done but that was the only necessary stuff.

Cool. I’m glad to hear it’s racing again. If ya could send me some pics I would love to see how it looks now. The guys at my shop have been asking about it