Lucerne 300

GFC

best of luck to all of you going out there,
especially the 1481 truck.
are you ready for the wall matt/adam?

drtdevil93

REMINDER: no spectators jump the wall during the race. the blm has said if any spectators jump the wall during the race, the area will be banned from races. have fun, but DONT DO ANYTHING STUPID! BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING! make him happy, and he will leave us alone and go away.

and clean up the trash too. even if the trash is from the "jerk" next to you. pick it up!!

erik

RacnCPA

EXCELLENT post Erik! LISTEN to him. This sounds like the last chance to prove you guys can behave at the wall. Wait till the race is over and then have fun. GOOD LUCK to all the racers. I won't be there so be sure to give Judy Smith your race stories.

GFC

yeah.. what they said... now off to the race!!!
hope 2 c u all there

PatrickG

Is there any good spots to watch from. I know about the wall but are there any other good spots.\
Thanks
PAtrick

drtdevil93

hard to say with the new course. main pits is at least where most of the people are (= action and entertainment).

erik

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Just got back, got to pit with the Herman crew running Sourapas' TT. Another blown transmission on the third lap.

ALEX

I had to leave early (11ish) and on my way out there was an ambulance and at least two big paramedic trucks haulin' butt on the access road towards s/f. Did anyone get hurt during the race?

blind655

We saw what looked to be a pretty bad car crash over by main pit, could have been for that

dislocated1

Just got back from the MDR race, good times but really dusty- Jaime Campell lost a fan clutch and DNF'd. Got to ride a lap in the Roll-A-Long 7s- didn't even plan on ridin at all. It was a blast but really rough. I believe that Frank H got the O/A but I am not sure on that. Thanks to Bruce for letting me ride I appreciate it. That crash on the main access road was bad but it did not look like anybody was seriuosly injured.

truck #1481, i wanna shake your hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy crap you went BIG at the wall. thanks for the great video footage, its insane!!!! how did the truck fair after that impact??? you shedded quite a few parts and fluids on the landing. and just FYI, you went about 75 feet worth of distance!!!! i walked it out. great race, everyone. some real good action. congrats to all the racers. and just as a side note, how crazy is Harley Letner????!!!!!!!!!! that dude drives like his hair is on fire! crazy fast! i like it alot.

blind655

On lap 3 by the rock pile they broke the passenger side leaf spring right by the front hanger. The spring was holding on only by the military wrap, they didn’t have a spare leaf so fire guys called it a day. It was pretty frustrating for the team; they were running very strong and 2nd in 7s at the time

SLR

I heard the input shaft on the 400... Damen was driving and made 1.5 laps. Jesse had the same problems and RPS came up with a fix along with Culhane. Dave G needs to hit that team up with some 300 Marging (sp). Not fun Avg. 40 mile per transmission...
The race was killer, had a great time. Made it Fri @ 6:00pm (had 2 flats on the I-40, trailer) Preran the course @ 11pm. Ruff and fast. My first MDR race and had a great time, got lap times 30 min after finishing. And Tec pulled our box to check our Carb after finishing to make sure our motor was legal.
Nice job MDR.
Ray McKinzie started the race in 1650 and set a good pace, Ran 4 laps and passed driving over to ME. Ran 2 laps and brought the 1650 car home 9 OA out of 104 entries and 1st in class. The best was seeing 1459 with Austin driving, made a pass and threw some dirt. 1hr10min you our Dan?? Great Race and I have to thank Ray McKinzie for letting me bring it home. And NIC for a perfect 6 laps co-riding. We had NO problems. If anybody has any footage of our car 1650 please post or send to slr@rivcom.net
Was this a Ruff course for MDR??
And Team Letner, Thanks for the nerf, just about Shat my pants. 1600 floored 4th DH and came up with no horn and taps us. NICE, You guys are going to the top, STEP-UP.

Steve_Sourapas

I hurt my back on Thursday morning screwing around with one of my sons so not only did I not drive but was unable to even make the trip to the race.Damen Jefferies drove for me and things were going along fine til the transmission started slipping in second gear after only two laps.We decided rather than completely destroying the transmission we would park it and regroup.We believe we know what the problem is but we will have to wait til it gets torn down to know for sure.Also we tried to get Dave G. to make us some parts but the Herbst's put a stop to that and since they are alot bigger customer than I am we had to head another direction.We didn't break an input shaft and haven't broke one since San Felipe,that's not the problem.

CRAIG_HALL

Steve,I heard Damens team is going to prep the truck? Curious,who does your transmission I think Damen has always used Rancho Transmission so will they be prepping it?