Lug nut brand? torque specs?

Iggle

Reaction
Hey guys,

Just wondering what kind of lugnuts you are running? We got walker Evans wheels with Pro AM hubs on a Truggy. We have had a wheel come off recently and just wondering how tight should those suckers be? What is the minimum torque they should get hit with on an impact gun? Is it because of the lugs we are running? We are using some from McMaster Carr. Are there a specific lug nut that people run on the big boy trophy truck stuff :D ? Let me know

thanks for your help.

giannini

Reaction
I had the same problem on my 1400 truck. Are your lug nuts the conical type or the ones with the flat surface that mates to the wheel? Are you running a hub centric to locate the wheel on the hub? The hubs I was using did not have a anything to locate the wheel to the hub, so all the weight of the truck was resting on the studs and lug nuts. After some hard driving the lug nuts would work themselves loose. So after loosing wheels multiple times I finally wised up and made some hub centrics on the lathe.That solved the loose lug nut problem entirely.