• Forum membership has its advantages....

Lug Nuts

amerikanmade

The hamster in my head started running... I was thinking about the length of the taper. The DS taper is maybe a 1/16 of an inch longer than the napas. So assuming that both the inside and outside diameter are the same on both nuts and the degree of taper is the same... then the length of the taper should be the same. Come on smart guys of RDC help me out here. If I had two lug nuts, both the same size, but one was a 45 and the other was a 60... the 45 taper would be longer right?:confused:

FCORR

I could be misunderstanding you, but a 90 degree taper wouldn't be a taper at all. Right? 90 degrees looks like "L". Right angle correct? Half of that would be a 45... which these are. Unfortunately like partybarge said normal street wheels are 60 degree.
Yes you are correct 45º....

hxckidd

i have someone that will make them for 3.25 a piece. We are going to be ordering in the next week or so if anyone wants to get in on it. Please let me know.

Scott_F

If I had two lug nuts, both the same size, but one was a 45 and the other was a 60... the 45 taper would be longer right?:confused:
No. You are confused about the taper angles. It is an "included angle", so what you call 45* is really 90*. I have some regular 5/8-18 lug nuts which have an included angle of 90*. They would have a shorter "taper length" than the same nut with a 60* taper.

trfytoy

i have someone that will make them for 3.25 a piece. We are going to be ordering in the next week or so if anyone wants to get in on it. Please let me know.

Im going to start on these this next week. If anyone else needs any, let me know.

Thanks

TrfyToy,

Whats the status? I just came up on this thread and like many, need lug nuts also.

I need 60 degree, for a street wheel. What are you making?

Thanks in advance.

trfytoy

I can have whatever you need machined. Right now I have 160 on order, 1.5" longx1" hex turned down to fit inside wheels with 5/8-18 thread. Shoot me an email of what you need. [email protected]

Thanks

InDaShop

An old ass thread. But did any of these ever get made? I guess Desert Specialties and Doug are long gone, I tried 479-754-5554 today, and got the disco dial tone.

I'm needing some 60degree 5/8-18's to fit inside some Walkers. Guess I'd buy 2 trucks worth +spares so call it 60 nuts if anyone has a lead.

Mark Newhan

An old ass thread. But did any of these ever get made? I guess Desert Specialties and Doug are long gone, I tried 479-754-5554 today, and got the disco dial tone.

I'm needing some 60degree 5/8-18's to fit inside some Walkers. Guess I'd buy 2 trucks worth +spares so call it 60 nuts if anyone has a lead.
Dorman Lug Nuts 611-051