• Forum membership has its advantages....

M1 McMillin tansaxle

I can spend the 20k only if the trans is going to be super reliable and not need another rebuild for a very very long time? I'm scared to spend this much on a trans that pretty much only one shop can work on

johnnyweb

I can spend the 20k only if the trans is going to be super reliable and not need another rebuild for a very very long time? I'm scared to spend this much on a trans that pretty much only one shop can work on
Is it in the pre runner in you avatar picture? If so it should last miles and miles in a pre runner. For a pre runner it is a Cadillac of tran axles. No need to be shifting the hell out of a pre runner.

I would be surprised if you needed to spend 20K on it? It must need everything and a major update for that amount.
It is a good trans axle and can handle a lot of HP. Yes you are limited to Rancho Drivetrain (FYI he is one of the best) for the parts but others can work on it as far as rebuild work its a T400 internally with a differential matted to it. Ring and pinions are $1500 which is relatively cheap.

IDK if you are building a new class 1 car probably not the first choice but if its already in the car you will spend a lot more $ like double the $ changing it to another tras axle/transmission. PM me if you want to know why I know this.