M4SX race, entry & payout info

450grl

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wellerracing.com
Yeah, that was my first time racing at the Perris venue - have to say, we really enjoyed it!! There were a LOT more people spectating that we were expecting - there were plenty of concessions and music and the announcing was REALLY good - it was fun listening to the comments/banter going on up there in the tower! The track was fun, the light poles keep you on your toes in those corners - lol! For the first round of the season, I thought they did really well with everything, and we WILL be back - possibly for the entire series.

I had fun....qualified 3rd in Pro/Mod, and was in 3rd place in the main when I busted a lower front ball-joint and couldn't steer anymore.....nothing worse than sitting on the infield watching the race you were just a part of! LOL!! Easy fix, though......

Congrats to RJ, Doug and Austin for a great race!!! Bobby's Teryx looked awesome, and we brought a friend of ours with us (other white car like mine) who raced his first short course race and is now hooked! :)

sandfish

RDC Crypto
congrats to RJ. his rzr and him keep getting faster and better. poor shelby. those boys just wont let her by. she'll get them next time. the event went off. there was more people there then when they put on the sprint races. congrats to DA for there success with the opening round. cant wait to get my car done and win the next event.:D

Pro-Lite Brian

RDC Crypto
Well, here's my little recap of the M4SX season opener...

Prior to the front gates opening at 5:00PM, things were looking a bit down. Once the gates opened to the public, the stands filled up nicely. I would guess there were 2500 to 3000 spectators by 6:30. The course layout was similar to the last few offroad events at the PAS. The back stretch was slightly longer with a nice kicker/ dropoff in the sharp 180's into, and out of the infield. This time around there was the usual dual line turns, but the inside route was the prefered option the whole night. I think RJ Anderson was the only racer to even try the outside lines without having to avoid a wreck.

There were two epic battles... RJ Anderson / Robert VanBeekum, and Trenton Briley / Mitchel DeJong / Connor Hart.

RJ Anderson has a very potent RZR, and Robert VanBeekum's Kawasaki powered UTV was the most powerful on the track... The Pro UTV main event was bound to be a battle. It looked like VanBeekum was having some drama's with the front drive all night, but the newfound power from his Kawasaki engine seemed to help on the straights. In the heat, as well as the main event these two gentlemen put on a clinic. They swapped spots back and forth, with VanBeekum thundering down the straights, and Anderson diving deeper into the turns to make up ground. In the main event it looked like VanBeekum was getting frustrated by the 16yr. old Anderson, and started using the bumper to remind the youngster he was not going to laydown. Maybe some of the frustration was the result of a textbook pass by the kid on the tight infield turn. RJ tried and tried for at least 3 or 4 laps to make a pass stick in the same spot. Eventually VanBeekum spun the rear tires (remember I mentioned front drive problems)a bit too much and chased his car from center off, allowing RJ to get an extra 1/2 car ahead on turn exit. RJ made an aggressive but clean pass forcing VanBeekum wide, but not all the way to the wall. After the mandatory yellow, VanBeekum lost the right front wheel allowing RJ to cruise to victory ahead of an even younger Doug Mittag (Polaris RZR). All in all, I think the Polaris exec's that were on hand had to be extremely happy with the finish!

The other battle last night was more like a war. Trenton Briley had the car to beat in the Stadium Kart heat race. In the main event, Briley jumped to the early lead with Sheldon Creed and Mitchell DeJong following closely behind. Over the next couple laps Briley opened up a 4 truck-length lead over DeJong who had worked his way past Creed. Meanwhile, Connor Hart was busy starting his march forward from the back of the starting grid. FYI, Hart was part of a wreck that involved 4 karts in the heat race. With a lap to go before the mandatory yellow, DeJong made an excellent pass for the lead only to be bumped unintentionally by Briley resulting in Hart taking the lead and DeJong taking a ride on his lid. Under the Mandatory Yellow, the order was set with Hart leading Briley and Guthrie. When the Green / White flag dropped, Hart got a great jump with Briley in chase. In the last turn Briley dove to the inside of Hart setting up a drag race to the finish. At the finish line Briley edged out Hart by a few inches and the crowd went nuts.

Danco 1

RDC Crypto
What about super buggies, 1400,1450,single buggy I mean I like the hot action discribed but was wondering about all classes. Will see everyone in March.

baja619

RDC Crypto
Website
www.fiberwerx.com
Were You in the red SxS that lost the wheel?

Yeah, that was my first time racing at the Perris venue - have to say, we really enjoyed it!! There were a LOT more people spectating that we were expecting - there were plenty of concessions and music and the announcing was REALLY good - it was fun listening to the comments/banter going on up there in the tower! The track was fun, the light poles keep you on your toes in those corners - lol! For the first round of the season, I thought they did really well with everything, and we WILL be back - possibly for the entire series.

I had fun....qualified 3rd in Pro/Mod, and was in 3rd place in the main when I busted a lower front ball-joint and couldn't steer anymore.....nothing worse than sitting on the infield watching the race you were just a part of! LOL!! Easy fix, though......

Congrats to RJ, Doug and Austin for a great race!!! Bobby's Teryx looked awesome, and we brought a friend of ours with us (other white car like mine) who raced his first short course race and is now hooked! :)

450grl

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wellerracing.com
Were You in the red SxS that lost the wheel?

No....I was in the white Rhino that led for a little bit and was in 3rd place behind the battle between Bobby (red Teryx) and RJ (Rzr) when I broke, and had to pull off to the infield for the rest of the race......then I saw Bobby's wheel go flying off towards the end. He broke in the same place I did.....

dnf736

RDC Crypto
Good to see you Cory, as well as Jason, Brady, Bobby, Austin, RJ, Court. All you AZ racers is good peeps. Hope everyone makes it back for the next round.

Oh yeah, the fans, that place was full and the people sitting by by us (group of 8) heard there was an offroad race there and came to check it out. They got a kick out of talking to Code after they realized who he was, loved the racing, and said they would be back.
picture.php

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
RDC Crypto
i was pretty impressed withthe amount of people at the PAS as well. ken and travis did something right. I heard radio ads on kfrog every night at work and i think i also heard them on a few other stations. the 450 TKs were bad ass. didnt see much of the SxS racing cause it didnt interest me but next time ill have to watch more of the racing.

how many FPO suuperlites were built any one know? id love to see a full field of those things

DUNE DUMMY # 29

RDC Crypto
Congratulations to Code Rahders & RJ Anderson. I am glad the first round was a success. This should get every one pumped up for rd. # 2 & the rest of the series. I am really sorry we were unable to make it & we won't be able to be @ any of the races this season. Congratulations Ken & Travis.

450grl

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wellerracing.com
Yeah, it was great meeting/seeing everyone out there - ran into lots of people I hadn't seen since CORR, and it was just fun all around!! The Dirt Alliance crew definitely did some marketing right because the stands were packed! Keep it up you guys!! :)

450grl

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wellerracing.com
No, but it looked like that pilot was giving his passengers a great ride!! Might have to pony up and do that sometime....never been in a helio before! :)

RacerX1

RDC Crypto
Website
www.PattyMooreRacing.com
My husband Chris had a blast in his first stadium race. He needs WAAAAAAY more horse power in his Rzr to be able to keep up though. And he needs WAY stiffer suspension. Very different than the desert stuff for sure. Some of our family came out and it was a fun time, a long day, and some great racing! Great chatting with ya, Corry.

Congrats to our buddy Chucky Dempsey in his Pro Stadium FPO truck for 2nd o/a!

scott creed

RDC Crypto
Great post brian i thought this was a great day of racing glad to be back at it, sheldon had a great night winning j1 and was putting on a show for the the fans in the mod class after the mandatory caution that was one of the best races ive seen with these kids. Thanks ken and travis the stands looked pretty full.