M4SX Round 6 at the PAS July 18th

dnf736

Reaction
Ive been critical of M4 in the past but I feel Ken & Travis are doing a good job keeping grassroots racing alive in a professional venue, at an affordable price. Not everyone has a buisness to bury their racing in, I know we dont.

If cost cutting means we drive 3 hours or sleep outside the gates so be it, we'll be there.

Last edited:

dansparts

Reaction
we're skipping this one as well.
We're only skipping this one race because our car is in pieces and will not be ready for this race. We'll be back for the next races, Ken and Travis have a great series and we have a good racing there.......... Watch out for the flying rocks Ken :rolleyes:JK.

kennyo15

Reaction
Wow, I am not sure how this turned into a money thing or a bashing thing. I have heard a lot of others voicing the exact same thing.

The only issue we have ever had is communication about what is going on and when. We too are on a limited budget, so when we plan on having family and friends at practice and the race to help, cheer and fill the stands we need to know a schedule. A lot of our support is on a volunteer basis and they need to request time off from their jobs weeks in advance. In the past there has been practice Friday night. In fact last practice M4SX put on a great party after practice and a big thank you for that. So why would any of us expect there NOT to be a practice on Friday night? It is hard for me to believe no one knows if the facility is available until a week before the race. If it is not in the budget to rent PAS on Friday, just tell us no more Friday for the rest of the series. Or tell us how many need to be there and let us, the customers, come up with the attendance or money necessary to make it work. We don’t really care that much if there is or is not practice on Friday and we to are willing to sleep out side the gates, come up the day of the race, stand on our head, or what ever they want, if we know that is what the deal is ahead of time.

I agree with Ken’s post 100% about how much better the facility is than where it was before. We have had GREAT times at both facilities, but again my complaint is ONLY about communication and I don’t think that costs very much. I did notice the M4SX web site was up dated right after my first post ever, so I guess this is the place to get things done.

dansparts

Reaction
I thought the Friday practice was all a PAS thing. Your paying the PAS at the pit gate for wrist bands and practice fees and not M4SX. Your only paying M4SX on Saturday for your racing. I also thought the only thing that M4SX had to cover is the insurance cost for the Friday practice. Maybe????

450grl

Reaction
Please note - I think Ken and Travis are awesome, and they bust **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** with this series......and I have told them as much, many times! My discontent stems from things that are probably out of their control.....and if it's due to the economy, etc...well, that sucks. Regardess, I'm still getting up at 3am and bringing my family out from Arizona for a night of racing in Cali on Saturday. See you guys there!

todd5c

Reaction
Just wanted to say that the races at the PAS are great we love racing there and we will have the 5c stadium truck out there. Looking forward to having a couple more trucks out there.

CREW CHIEF_507

Reaction
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to chime in ! We are 100% pumped to have every person participating. We have worked our tail off to move The Series from the Dirtbike tracks where there was Minimal Safety, Minimal Restroom (Porta potties) ,No Grandstands, Minimal Food, Close to the same entry fee's you know the rest!

To The Perris Auto Speedway!
Professional Staff, Transponder Scoring, Catered Food, Asphalt pits, Grandstand seating for 10,000, Clean Real Restrooms, ECT ECT!! There are few venues in So Cal that compare.

Thanks to all who are supporting as we have to cut cost in order to keep this series going.

couldnt agree more ken this is a top notch facility and a amazing venue, i guess as long as the fans are happy right?

parkse5

Reaction
My wife felt safer in elsinore for loors. the stret biker crew is a major point she raises and for what its worth I can't dissagree with her. The biker gangs ruin the family atmosphere and have kept me from running this series. Once you are in the pit area it is much better though. Maybe there is a better way to get fans to the races than street bike stunt riders. just my .02. Other than that I think the venue can be a success.

Dirty*

Reaction
couldnt agree more ken this is a top notch facility and a amazing venue, i guess as long as the fans are happy right?

Everyone need to find some happiness. Without Fans it's hard for the racer to reach his end goal of getting sponsors. Without Promoters you won't have any races to go to and without racers then there will be no race! So it's a combined effort. It's everyones job to help the sport grow and not just ours? IMO

D.L.C.

Reaction
the DLC will be heading out from PHX today
see you all there.

metalcore_xxx

Reaction
I'll be working, but I really enjoy these races. If you haven't gone yet, you should check it out. I take my kids and nephew and we have a great time.

UTVUGRUSTY

Reaction
I will be there.

Ken and Travis try to make everyone happy. At this level of racing everyone thinks they can do it better. Communication is a problem. A firm race schedule would bring alot more racers out I think. I would like to say UTVUNDERGROUND.COM is proud to be part of the M4SX racing experience. They gave us a great opportunity when we were starting out.

Great Job Guys....

Rusty

The Fetching Mrs LORENZ

Reaction
Tonight's track had the best lay out all year bar-none. LOORRS and TORC included. Jumps were a little bit bigger and slightly steeper and the center 2 lane section was the highlight. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

On the overnight 2 day event thing. Frankly we like the single night race approach. It makes the weekend a little easier on us. Were in and out with a spare Sunday and Friday night to do as we please. Frankly, WHEN we get a house big enough, with a pool, well have all you Arizona folk over Friday night and into Sunday and we can make a weekend out of it... Come camp at our place, enjoy San Diego for the weekend and break up that long 6-8hr drive. I like having the AZ gang out to play, and I hope you guys continue to show up into next year. Party at the Lorenz's next year with Satuday night racing at the PAS.... Dependent upon the bottom of this stupid expensive housing bubble. We missed Kimbrel, Bobby and the other AZ nation this round!

-sean

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
Tonight's track had the best lay out all year bar-none. LOORRS and TORC included. Jumps were a little bit bigger and slightly steeper and the center 2 lane section was the highlight. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

-sean

Any chance you guys caught any good shots of Brent having a blast in the Pro-Lite? He impressed me today. Definitely has some learning to do, but I think he learned alot today too! Everytime he came off the track I would check the Tach to see his max RPM, 8500RPM each time... I guess that's why I turned it down from the usual 9500RPM. Other than a broken powersteering belt (fixed before the main event), and a small crack in the rear-end housing, the truck faired well, and looks ready for more action...

The Fetching Mrs LORENZ

Reaction
We got him on film. I was making a point of it. I know he has to be stoked on his first go at the pro-lite without mechanicals. He was flying that table top like a champ... smooth little bugger.

A quick sorry to you drivers who were taking direct hits of the studio strobes in the eyeballs... It was worth it I hope... the eyes will heal, and the photos will last for generations.

-sean

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
We got him on film. I was making a point of it. I know he has to be stoked on his first go at the pro-lite without mechanicals. He was flying that table top like a champ... smooth little bugger.

-sean

He had a blast! It's probably easy to look smooth when you just pin the throttle from turn one untill your in the air off the tabletop! He said he had to click third gear about 40-50 feet before the tabletop. When I asked him the RPM's he was turning in 4th around the sweeper, he asked me "for which line?" He noticed that riding the cusion it was only 6500RPM or so, but spinning the tires around the bottom it was ~8000RPM.

Not to bad for a kid...

D-O-DOUBLE-D

Reaction
Any chance you guys caught any good shots of Brent having a blast in the Pro-Lite? He impressed me today. Definitely has some learning to do, but I think he learned alot today too! Everytime he came off the track I would check the Tach to see his max RPM, 8500RPM each time... I guess that's why I turned it down from the usual 9500RPM. Other than a broken powersteering belt (fixed before the main event), and a small crack in the rear-end housing, the truck faired well, and looks ready for more action...

He had us on the edge of our seat, definately fun to watch. Cant wait to see him run again.

gmmvp42

Reaction
Any results? How about super buggy/1450-stadium truck or mod/pro utv? The usual suspects or anyone new racing these classes?

WFODAN

Reaction
I blew up the steering gearbox early in the day. With the spare 80 miles away at the shop, and having the championship already wrapped up, we decided to become spectators for the event.

450grl

Reaction
I had some suspension issues early on, but Walker Evans got me back on track.....then, in the main, I had a really good lead and hauling some a $ $ until a leaking gasket got oil on my belt.......slippery belt is no bueno. Oh well. Easy fix, so I will see you guys at Elsinore! Congrats to RJ Anderson for another win in the Pro UTV class!! :)