MacCachren at the King of the Hammers

Suhaib Kiani

If Lance Clifford says Rob is getting the hang of it, I believe him! Looking forward to seeing the two of them take on the Hammers!

Dirty Harry

I am excited to see this team too. Rob is an amazing driver and Lance is likely the best co-driver in the rock scene. The fact that they are piloting Larry McRae's Jeep in the race while Larry battles cancer is a classy move too. I wish this whole team the best of luck on race day.

Slippery P

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

Cortney Christine

Rob is making his third attempt at KOH this year. Both of his prior attempts were cut short due to equipment failure.

Our guys have been busting their asses to prep the car 110% and Rob has been running her through the ringer in testing.

Fingers crossed the third try will in fact be a charm for Rob!

Dirty Harry

Racing Crispy again or something else? Is Lance co-driving again?

I always root for Rob Mac no matter where he is racing!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Cortney Christine

Racing Crispy again or something else? Is Lance co-driving again?

I always root for Rob Mac no matter where he is racing!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
Rob is such a great dude, it would be hard not to root for him.

He'll be piloting Crispy again. Lance was supposed to co-drive, but he just recently encountered an emergency that will likely keep him from the lakebed this year. We have someone else up our sleeve though. ;)

Dirty Harry

I saw that Lance's motorhome burnt down, I hope that his injuries were not too bad. I hear that Big Lar has some experience spotting and riding next to Rob Mac at the Hammers!

biffgnar

Rob Mac is 6th in the UTC race: 2016 Polaris RZR KOH UTV Results

And 20th off the starting line for main race: 2016 4 Wheel Parts Qualifying Overall Results

He seems to have taken a liking for this stuff! More power to him for a strong finish!
Although note that he only drove the first lap. Bailey Cole, son of Dave Cole who runs Hammerking, drove the second lap with all the rock trails. And Bailey was very good on those trails.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Cortney Christine

Although note that he only drove the first lap. Bailey Cole, son of Dave Cole who runs Hammerking, drove the second lap with all the rock trails. And Bailey was very good on those trails.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I will say that, yes Rob only drove the first lap BUT he started in 44th and handed the car off to Bailey in 4th or 5th I believe. He made some great time and picked off a boatload of positions in the desert (as to be expected from his driving background). Because of Bailey's rock experience, that was their race strategy and it obviously worked.

I think Rob proved himself on both Tuesday during qualifying and again on Friday during the race. He really has become quite comfortable in the rocks and was able to finish the race as the first ever crossover / TT driver AND in the first ever full-bodied Jeep JK to ever cross the finish. :)

biffgnar

Looks to me like he was physical 12th back from the first lap and 9th on adjusted. Definitely impressive for as far back as he started.

Didn't Casey finish in 2014 with the Currie/Savvy stock mod "JK"? LOL.

Cortney Christine

Looks to me like he was physical 12th back from the first lap and 9th on adjusted. Definitely impressive for as far back as he started.

Didn't Casey finish in 2014 with the Currie/Savvy stock mod "JK"? LOL.
I might have to dispute or need you to re-clarify this comment. :)

Based on both of your replies and a few that I have seen elsewhere, I think I may have been mistaken. Damnit. The badassery was fun while it lasted.