Mag 7 pits

Weatherman

The voice of desert racing
RDC Crypto
Parker, AZ / P C I Race Radios, Signal Hill, CA
Website
www.weathermanspeaks.com
Mag 7 pits? I have e-mailed the president twice and the race director with no reply! Are they pitting? Anyone know where?

I always draw up an asset chart by mileage to make it easier to locate a rider or driver within a 50 to 60 mile window, rather than use checkpoints which are too spread out.

Mag 7 has always been a staunch supporter of the Weatherman Relay.

indefab

RDC Crypto
Website
www.indefab.net
I dont think they are going to be at the 500, I just texted Paul (the prez) he should reply soon or in the am

indefab

RDC Crypto
Website
www.indefab.net
I dont think there was enough ppl signing up, I know for a fact the sport wont be losing mag7 anytime soon. I think they will actually be more active then ever in the seasons to come. Paul is a very busy guy but has some great ideas on how to improve/expand the organization. He was tireless in Mex at the NORRA 1000 racing his own car all day with me and then making sure details were taken care of for his Mag7 crews for the following day each evening. I was very impressed with his logistical prowess and commitment to every teams needs.

in2baja

RDC Crypto
Website
www.margaritamansd.com
Good morning Bob,

This is the "voice of MAG-7", President and Pit Captain Bill Thompson.

You and I have communicated many times, by phone and email, pre-race for quite a few years, but, for unknown reasons, I haven't gotten any emails from you lately. Another mystery of the internet!

MAG-7 had to make a tough decision recently regarding support for the SCORE Baja-500.

We just got done supporting the NORRA Mexican 1000 and the travel time, personnel, effort and logistics involved, while very successful and a LOT of fun, made it impossible for us to work the Baja 500 with any degree of safety and professionalism.

AND, we felt we could not give the SCORE racers the level of customer service that we shoot for when we roll remote.

We (the BOD) also felt that since MAG-7 is a club, (an actual Ca. chartered fraternal organization) it was not fair to impose yet another 3,4,5 days of "vacation" on our members.

We all have jobs, careers, family. Each of us can only take so much "away time".

We do this for the fun of it, we do not make money personally, any "profits" go into equipment purchases or replacement.

Supporting the Baja 500 would have meant 8-9 pits, with 4-6 men at each, plus all the gear, and 3-4 days..

All of us WANTED to be there, but, the better decision is to step back, take a breath and roll towards the Baja-1000.

This years' B1K is also a BIG factor with yet ANOTHER full-peninsula race, 20-ish full staff pits and a very large investment in time by our members.

Sitting at the head of the table means I'm the guy who dodges rocks now and then. Maybe this is one of those times. The decision to "sit this one out" was not made lightly.

I would also like to point out publicly, that our Race Director, Paul Schaffer was instrumental in the success of our NORRA support. As mentioned in an earlier post, not only did he compete (and finish) but, right up until he strapped a race truck on, he was "wearing his MAG-7 hat" to assist racers.

There is fun stuff and big news coming down the pike for MAG-7. Stay tuned ...

Bill Thompson
MAG-7 Pit Captain & President
THE Margarita Man of San Diego
Supporting global warming since 2003

CRAIG_HALL

RDC Crypto
Website
www.halldesigns.com
Bill, great meeting you last Sunday! Had a B-day party and needed a Margarita machine rental , glad I got it from Bill!