Magazine article

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I just got my Petersens's 4Wheel & off-road mag in the mail. They have an article about a 4WD IFS Suburban Pre-Runner they are building (ORU). It will have a 8.1L Vortec and a 14 bolt rear end. Looks massive. They will follow up in the next few issues with the build up.

scott

Reaction
FOUR WHEELER magazine is pretty cool too with the Offroad schedules ( Score, BITD, etc..) with features trucks Damen Jefferies TT, Rob MacCachran's Pro-4, Steve Barlow's Pro-Truck, and Curries Jeep. It has all 3 desert racers bombing across a dry lake together at 90+ possibly pretty cool pic..

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
My month is tied... but keep checking 4 wheeler mag for some cool give away vehicle coming up later this year to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the magazine

DougM

Reaction
Scott,
which issue has all 3 racers blasting across the desert?

scott

Reaction
Doug. Its the April 2002 issue of Four Wheeler... It has a F-150 maroon in color with a wench on the front bumper....ala monster truck.

poolman

Reaction
I wish I had a wench on my front bumper.

Pigs get Fat...Hogs get Slaughtered

mustafa

Reaction
I like your quote Poolman. That's exactly what my accountant told me when I showed him my papers from the IRS requesting an audit.

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.

scott

Reaction
Poolman, LOL I know its a winch, I just call them that.....Hahahaha I know i'm a dumbass !!!!!!

JoelMollis

Reaction
Just a clarification: Wes Allison shot those trucks "blasting" across the desert, and while it's a cool pic, Wes always shoots those shots (street or dirt) from his van with all the trucks traveling at approximately 10-15 mph, believe it or not. A long shutter speed does the rest. The only guy who does true action shots of the radical trucks is that Jachmann guy from that crappy OFF-ROAD mag. Also, Maurice's Sub at ORU is way trick--massive front control arms with 4WD, a set-back small-block, scratch-built everything, 3 seats, 20-plus inches of wheel travel, and a mostly custom chassis. The Sub body panels are all removable so the truck can be run in the dirt with no damage to the panels' paint--looks like a massive buggy!
Joel Mollis

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
If this is the SIlver Sub that was at the Malibu Dan event a few months back, it lacked quality. Looked bitchin though, but looks don't do much in the dirt.

Kris

"A signature always reveals a man's character -- and sometimes even his name. "

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Has that thing ever raced or is it mainly for show? Just wondering.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Hopefully just for show

Kris

"A signature always reveals a man's character -- and sometimes even his name. "