Magnaflux

tkr

Reaction
Can anyone recommend a shop in the LA area for crack checking spindles, trailing arms etc...?

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: "Can anyone recommend a shop in the LA area for crack checking spindles, trailing arms etc...?"

Matt,
We do that here at AMD but were not in the LA area. If you do find a mag shop down in LA be sure they are familiar with the way the loads are applied to the parts that are to be inspected. Sometimes questionable indications are simply declared cracked and rejected just to cover their a$$es for liability when there is no reason for the part to be rejected. In most cases it is still serviceable.

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

tkr

Reaction
Thanks for the advice Dave, I know what you mean. I had my local machine shop mag the arms last year. He gave them back to us saying there was a crack at just about every weld. Brought it up to Foddrill and they told us it was normal to have the "appearance" of cracks a the edges of the weld. I'm glad we checked with them first before buying new arms. I am hoping to find someone around here that can do it and is familiar with our sport like you said.

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Lothringer Engineering

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

tkr

Reaction
hey Dave, where's your shop at?

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

Dave_G

Reaction
Re:" hey Dave, where's your shop at?"

In the San Bernardino Area....

Advanced Machining Dynamics
7935 Lankershim Ave
Highland, CA 92346
(909) 884-7393

Dave

ntsqd

Reaction
Look up "Non destructive testing" in the yellows. Aircraft parts are inspected with some degree of regularity that Dave G would know better than I. Here in Ventura is Western Aerospace. At least I think that's their name, they're btwn Fast Undercar & Nat'l Parts Depot.

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages

Kbach66

Reaction
Transaxle engineering in Chatsworth does some magnafluxing. You might want to try them out. They do alot of the local race teams a arms/trailing arms/gears etc so they understand what to look for.

818-998-2739
Jeff Fields will probably answer.

Good luck

Dave_G

Reaction
Re: "Look up "Non destructive testing" in the yellows."

Or better yet, try the Thomas Regional Directory. The big blue book!

Dave

tkr

Reaction
re: "Or better yet, try the Thomas Regional Directory. The big blue book!"

Huh???

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
or better yet-The Thomas Register, The big Blue, Yellow, and/or Red labeled (green hardback) books you buy every couple of years that list every name of every product and/or manufacturer on this planet! Good books to own!

<font color=red>"Quality has no fear of Time"</font color=red>

Dave_G

Reaction
Re: "The big Blue, Yellow, and/or Red labeled (green hardback) books"

We have the big blue one on CD ROM. Makes it much easier to search for stuff and connect direct to the vendors web sites.

Dave

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
I think I may just have to purchase the CD-ROM version at WESTEC next year!....lol

Dave_G

Reaction
Re: I think I may just have to purchase the CD-ROM version at WESTEC next year!....

The regional directory (blue book) and CD is free. The full national set you have to pay for.

Dave

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
ah ha! Thanks!

Also you can check <A target="_blank" HREF=http://thomasregister.com>thomasregister.com</A> , but I believe you have to become a member for it to be of any use!

tkr

Reaction
pretty strange coincidence...just got an offer in the mail to recieve the cd-rom and book for free!!

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing