• Forum membership has its advantages....

MAJOR TO DO - PUBLIC COMMENT ON NECO PLAN

Paige

Okay folks - this one is a major to do - we've only got a few days - whatever you do - GET THIS DONE!! I have been working with ORC and wrote a response letter for the NECO plan that we need to get in BY JULY 9, 2001. Please go to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://capwiz.com/offroad/issues/alert/?alertid=41008&type=CU&azip=>http://capwiz.com/offroad/issues/alert/?alertid=41008&type=CU&azip=</A>[/url] and send this in. Feel free to send by mail or e-mail and also to add your own comments

Please don't delay -ORC has made this easy to complete - so make sure to participate! The deadline is July 9!

Thanks!!

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

Mike_McCluskey

DONE!! Thanks again to Paige, Randy, Wayne, Martin, and anybody else that is sacraficing their own time to benefit all of us.(I'm sure I forgot a few)

KTM_rad

Done. I just wish we could've rewritten or made our own comments in the e-mails. I also wanted to send out hard copies of the letters, but there are no addresses.

Thanks Paige, and OffRoad.com for making it easy.

You all have a great 4th. I'm going on a road trip on my Ducati 748, girlfriend will be on her VTR1000, thru all of northern California for 10 days, all the best twisties, including Sequioa, Kings Canyon, Yosemite, Lassen, Hwy 1 back down the coast.

Randy
CORVA Field Rep - So. Cal.
(California Off Road Vehicle Association)
AMA Member

Paige

Randy,

I have the masters if you want to do so - e-mail me with your e-mail address and I'll forward to you right away =-) I wrote my own versions to Crowe and Salt.

Let me know if you want me to e-mail and I'll get those off to ya before your vacation - the mailing address is included on the letter - otherwise have a great time!

Paige

martininsocal

just got my map of the edwards bowl area for wemo/neco. what a major reduction in routes. the mapd really suck too. there is obviously an attempt being made to reduse the effectiveness of anyone against this plan. see you guys at the next wemo meeting! martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Paige

Martin ~ I haven't gotten my maps yet - once I get them - I'll have to confer with ya - Isn't the comment period ending like July 17 for the NEMO plan? I'll check the blm site.

Did you go to the open house? I didn't make it up there for it.

TimHayosh

Does one need to be a Kalifornia resident to have a valid say on this? I don't have a green sticker either; is that required? Since whatever happens in Kalifornia eventually effects us all, I am happy to participate. I just want to know the legal ramifications of a non-Kalifornian weighing in on these state-specific issues. Thanks.

Paige

Tim ~

Send it - you are a user of the desert and your federal taxes pay to fund the BLM, the BLM applies for green sticker grant $ from the State of CA, but are a federal agency - so you have every right to send in your two cents!

martininsocal

paige- this area says comment period ends july 9th and i got the thing after july 1st. looks like the packages were put together on june 19th. as i said and you know, there is no intention of taking public comment on this thing seriously. also, the notice says all washes in berdoo, riverside, la and kern county will be closed to vehicular traffic unless they are already designated as a vehicle route with federal designation.
just remember when we are racing in stoddard, johnson, ridgecrest, there will be a lot more folks just out cruising in the only open use areas left in the mojave. watch the track in front of you!!! my guess is by the third collision, the blm will be pulling race permits.

If your gonna go, go BIG

Paige

July 9th for comment? well that is nice - I haven't even gotten the stinkin maps yet - so I am supposed to comment when exactly? What a joke!

SO regarding the washes - since the race routes are already designated - I am guessing at this time they don't fall into that ruling, rule, whatever you want to call it - but the question is again - what about the future?

Martin - did you get your comments in for NECO? If you don't use the ORC version - I have addresses that you can use if you want.

Paige

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Got it done.........you guys make this stuff easy, thanks.

<font color=red>Shaun<font color=red>

Paige

I just got this!!

As a result of general public requests and in consideration of NECO and
NEMO being out together and their complexity, the period for public review
of the DEIS for both NECO and NEMO is extended. November 1 is the new end
date for both plans. FR, News Release, WWW notices will follow shortly.