Making a call from Baja

JCA

Reaction
I cant remember how to dial out from Baja. Is it 0-01-area code-number? Or is it 0-00-area code-number? Also just a friendly notice, watch out for those one touch collect call phone booths. The costs is through the roof.

Salvador

Reaction
You have to put
011 International Call
52 US
xxx Area Code
xxxx Phone

This its how It had to dial. And yes, wath out for the one touch phone booths

JCA

Reaction
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
You have to put
011 International Call
52 US
xxx Area Code
xxxx Phone

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that for a cell phone too or just the land line phones?

Salvador

Reaction
Its for cell and land phone numbers. Also J.C. if you have a BOOST Mobile radio/phone, you can use it in Ensenada, Nextel all ready have coverage on Mexicali, Tecate, Tijuana, Rosarito and Ensenada, mainly on the citys.

frankh

Reaction
AT&amp;T is 001+ ac+ number. just got back last week from prerunning and that is what worked for me. Well that and opening the wallet. I'm sure it going to cost alot

JCA

Reaction
Thanks Frank. I could not remember how to dial out but I too have AT&amp;T and the costs were good/ no issue last time.

Baja_Seve

Reaction
001+area code+phone nr. Cell and sat phones.

ATT charges me $1.49 per minute. Remember to call ATT and activate the Mexico (international) feature before going down there.

powerbox_builder

Reaction
Verizon is 001-ac-#. Last week I made calls from San Quintin gas station and Mama Espanosas at El Rosario. Perfect reception.

MikeLeung

Reaction
We found that the cheapest way to call out of Baja is to goto a supermarket or drug store and buy a phone card. You use those phone cards at a phone booth. It works out to be like 15 cents a minute

michael_loomis

Reaction
as far as i know ... to call the US from any country , our country code is 001.

011 is mexicos country code for calling them .