• Forum membership has its advantages....

Malibu Dan Event

Paige

Hey Malibu Dan's next bash is Friday, Novemeber 16th at the Dave and Busters in the Irvine Spectrum. He is inviting race teams and crew members to bring their trucks DIRTY and BROKEN or VICTORIOUS to the event. He doesn't want them pretty - he wants them post race!

Hope everyone can make it - Dan is doing alot to help the sport and is throwing the party just for us! Try to be there!

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>
www.cordr.com</A>

Jerry Zaiden

We will be there! What Dan is doing is awesome for thie sport of off-road racing. We should all be there. Lets all show the general public what off road racing is all about!

scott

I was at last years @ the spectrum and it was pretty cool. Its one big social gathering. I think its awesome what Dan is doing for the sport. Maybe Dan should be a promoter, because I could see this getting bigger and better every year, just like the Expo !!!!!!!!!

JCA

What kind of event is this? I have not heard of it before

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.andrewsracing.com>www.andrewsracing.com</A>

Paige

Kreg and Dan just had a meeting today about the event and it is supposed to be 4 times bigger. The radio station is all excited about it because they are getting advertising $$ spent from companies like Ford of Orange and BFG; and Dan and kreg are trying to cross market it to get the word out on off-road racing. Hopefully to bring us all more sponsors and fans, so support it.

See you all there

www.cordr.com</A>

Tony_Barraza

JC-

Check out this link [http://www.desertracing.com/gallery/0525/</A>]

It is from the Photo Gallery of DesertRacing.com.

Pics from the event earlier this year. You'll get a good idea of the quality of vehicles in attendance, as well as the awesome crowds that were on hand all night.

CONGRATS and THANKS to Malibu Dan, 97.1 KLSX, Dave & Buster's and all participants and attendees for their effort and promotion of our sport!

Look forward to seeing you there too JC!

LATER!

Tony

JCA

Thanks Tony. I think I get the gist. It is just a big show case. A chance for the fans to look over the vehicles. Are their vendor booths set up as well? Do the teams just set up chairs and hang out? Is their a entry fee or a display fee? I know that I am asking alot of questions but I have nevr heard of this before.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.andrewsracing.com>www.andrewsracing.com</A>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Totally rad!!!! Malibu Dan kicks butt! 4 times bigger!!!!? So where is everyone going to park? Oh well who cares, we'll figure it out.... I can't wait.

CONGRATS and THANKS to Malibu Dan, 97.1 KLSX, Dave & Buster's and all participants and attendees for their effort and promotion of our sport!
- well said Tony B. !

JC I think it is free to show your race vehical. I could be wrong. I am sure Kreg will post soon with all the details.

Tony

Tony_Barraza

JC-

You're right. It is a totally relaxed atmosphere. Kick-back, hang-out and chill.

Last year there were TOP vehicles in attendance (Herbst Tractor/Prerunner, Wilson Motorsports Class 1 buggy. Jeff Quinn/McKenzie's Class 1 buggy, GT Motorsports 7 Unlimited, 7S, and SICk, Ex-Robby Gordon Prerunner, as well as TDP Motorsports MDR Class 1 buggy Champ.)

Car owners, drivers, crew chiefs and prep mechanics for these teams were on hand, having a cold one, and hanging out. There is such an awesome opportunity to talk with fab guys, mechanics, team owners, etc. Its UNREAL! If ANYONE was looking to get into the off road racing scene, or if you're looking for a team to chase for, have fab/prep questions, Malibu Dan's event in THE place to be!

As for vendors, there may have been a SMALL fee to display your goods (like $20) but don't quote me on that one. Late year APP Wheels had product on display, and Chad from Ntesnse T's was selling Herbst T's.

Like Tony "The Tigger" said, I'm sure more details will be available soon.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Tony B.

Donahoe

Ok here is the skinny on the Malibu Dan event... 1st off its tottally FREE... No cost to come and look and no cost to bring down a display.... If you have a race car or prerunner BRING IT!!! IF you own a shop or store related to off-road come down and set up a display.... Its totally free... The goal is to get a Massive amount of people there to show the radio station and its advertizing reps that we are a big market. If you want to put a display up contact DAN (malibu) Finder at KLSX 97.1FM at 213-383-4222 ex.494. Its going to be much better and bigger then last time. And all who attended last time had a blast so this time should be awsome. This is something that Dan and myself have been working on for a few years to bring some more media to our sport... The KEY is you.... Bring the family down... Make it a DATE... Bring your bowling team... This is going to grow into a huge cross marketing adventure that is sure to bring more fans and funds to our sport... Dan has always been a huge fan of the sport and has helped us promote it anytime we have asked... (i.e. Paige on the Sam Rubin show yesterday) the date is Nov 16th at the Irvine spectrum...Mark it down...It will be a blast.

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

Greg

There needs to be a place near the display for "prerunner" parking, as so the veiwing public can see an even bigger display of vehicles. I'll see if Jen can run this idea by Dan and see if it can be aranged. Maybe a list of who would be able to bring thier truck out so we can have an idea of how big a parking area to reserve. Anyone?

Greg

sirhk100

If it's on that Friday and I'm still employed at my current job, I'll stop by with my Exploder. I wouldn't call it a prerunner but it's lifted on 32" tires with plans of doing a coilover front end on it. I was actually hopingto have Donahoe's radius arms on it by then but I just found out my time at this job is limited so toys like that are going on hold till I figure out what my future holds.

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

Paige

It is on a Friday! Dan has been working with the Spectrum Facilities people regarding parking- hopefully they will bend towards his needs. Afterall it is the Irvine Company and well they aren't so bendable.

www.cordr.com</A>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Well Paige if any group of people can bend something it would be us off-road racers! Greg I would be glad to park my truck in a prerunner area. I can not get out of work that day until say around 3 / 3:30pm. I could be there say 4:30- 5 ... Let me know if that would work. I am sure that others are in the same situation. I won't miss it for anything! It is going to be a blast!

Tony

scott

Everyone needs to watch out for The Police down there. So if you drink don't drive, get a designated driver. I was pulled over for not having a license plate light !!!!!! Probably thinking I came out of Dave & Busters all tanked up. I wasn't but my buddy in the passenger seat was, so the warning light went on for the PO PO.... Be safe and think, because I was told thats the #1 DUI spot in Orange County.... Have Fun!!!!!!!!!!