• Forum membership has its advantages....

Man! I love my Raptor!!!!!

I got the extended cab. It's just me and my wife plus a 70 pound poodle so the smaller truck works great but the back seat is pretty tight. If you plan to use the back seat for humans I would get the 4 door, especially if you plan to chase with it and haul some full size men back there!

Ps. Like I said they do not like the heavy whoops and they really really like gas. That's the negatives. To me the positives far out weigh the negatives but I do drive my Tacoma Prerunner 99% of the time. 19 mpg overall verses 13 mpg. This includes some highway but mostly around town.

McCredie A

Good to know, i think i saw you coming back from san felipe after the new years with cameron steele and pat daily...... Anyways, glad to hear you like the truck and please keep us informed on how you mod it and how it works. Any signs of a bent frame, what are you feelings on that topic? It has me a lil worried as a future consumer, but i am not sure if it is just some people being overly aggressive.

Sheeze Ford drove the snot out of them in testing then raced the Baja 1000 and Dakar in them with no frame issues. I did get a bolt in frame strengthen kit from SDQH for like a 100 bucks just for peace of mind. From what I see on the raptor forums you gotta really take a BIG hit to bend them. I (so far) treat her like a 45k factory Ford truck and not like a 450k luxo TT pre runner.

I can tell you that when a bunch of us drove back from Gonzaga I was running the graded road with the full tilt 4 seaters at 80-90 mph while the "normal" factory trucks were doing 15-20 mph. They do work great and I love my Raptor but like I keep saying they are not up to the heavy stuff at more than about 5mph.

BGRANT

I love the Raptors! Never driven one or even been in one but they look great. I too own an F250 but drive a Tacoma Prerunner 99.9% of the time due to the cost of diesel and the ease of parking a Tacoma over a Super Duty.

AZBadseed

Thats what i dont get... Parker Motor Company and Team Ford have the absolute best prices on Raptors. both support racing and the like and both are great to work with. I know that PMC has a new blue raptor on the lot theyd like to sale at the moment...
Dan and Jimmy @ Parker Motor Company got me a great deal on the coolest truck FORD has ever built! (Bryant thanks for the intro's) This thing is legit. I have left mine all stock and in the 6 months/15,000 miles I've had it. It does EVERYTHING better than advertised, IMO.
If you are thinking of getting one, I like where your heads' at. Go see the Beavers!

loufish

I think they are great trucks (kind of biased, I like Fords to begin with..) but am scared to test drive one as I might want one too bad....

Not a Pre-runner?...I always thought that if you are pre-running with it, then it's a pre-runner. Of course running with-in it's limits is always smart no matter what vehicle you pre-run in....

michael_loomis

Well i have been reading and checking out updates on RDC for awhile now and never replied to anything, but this Raptor post??? My dad hates me, he bought a new top of the line Raptor 6.2l loaded to the gills and after tax title license he was over over $50k. I bought an 03 7.3 f-350 crew 4x4, last year of the 7.3 on 35s with 100k lariat ($15k) 26ft long, 8ft. wide flat bed($2k) 24hrs.pwr. EZ-GO with the tera toys 4link and arm kit($3k) and a Built Ranger w/ 347 stroker ($20k) and gave Kyle Green another $10k to make it Legit. And he is SOOOoooo! jealous/envious of my set up!!!! He says his Raptor is like an Enduro. It sucks in the dirt and it sucks on the street/pulling.?? But they look cool RIGHT????
Should have kept it that way...

I think they are great trucks (kind of biased, I like Fords to begin with..) but am scared to test drive one as I might want one too bad....

Not a Pre-runner?...I always thought that if you are pre-running with it, then it's a pre-runner. Of course running with-in it's limits is always smart no matter what vehicle you pre-run in....
I'm biased.. I HATE ford... and I still want one. haha.

My Camburg Tundra is pretty sweet.. but its no Raptor.

DOG ON

RDC's illegal immigrant
This thread needs pictures....and since Nim is not posting his Raptor, here is something we can all get inspired by.

You can FAP to this:\m/

HSDMORGAN

I ordered one 2 weeks ago!!!!!! Plans are to just do a few things like jerry said. Fox kit, Upper arms, Front bumper / Skids, Light bar,Wheels /tires,And maybe a few other things.I just want a sweet chase truck that will do a little better in the dirt than my F-250. Ok maybe a lot better!!!!!!

BCarr

Marketing arms of auto co's that sell in US reads this kind of stuff, so if you want more from your favorite manufacturer, then write something good.

I'm super happy with my Raptor, of course it's like everything out there except for a TT, it could always use more HP and more travel but hey I heard Ford and Fox are already testing for the new 2016 Ford Raptor...............

PS. I can't get photos to post from my iPad. I'll have to use my PC....

randy s

I am not planning a bunch of mods. I just want to get the best out of her with basic stuff. I've known about the 3.0 Fox kit for awhile and believe me I've been bugging Todd about it ever since I heard about it. Once it goes on sale I'm gonna have to find some cash, with those and some of Camburgs upper a arms I'll be set. Well I'll probably had an aluminum skid plate under the gas tank, some upgraded tie rods and also some led lights but that's it!!! Ha ha.

The 3.0's and Camburg Arms should get the front up to 14" or a touch more Of travel. I don't know about the rear with Deavers but I'm hopping about 16".
without spending a ton of money. the closer you keep it to stock the better off you'll be. ford pays those guys that designs the thing a ton of money and they're pretty good at this stuff. the only problem is that their marketing division might portray them to be maybe a little more capable than they are out of the box in my view. what a great truck though.

randy s

and nimrod......if you come on here one more time and tell us how much you love your raptor, i might have to look you up in san felipe and choke you out lad........................j/k.....i'm proud someone is as happy about something as you are man..

conejoracer

I bought the super cab, I like like the look better than the crew cab. I don't really care for the suicide rear doors of the SC, but I was going after looks...
My 6.2 averaged 15.1mpg over 1016 miles going to Parker a few weeks ago.
My goal, 3.0" Fox or Kings, deavers or Nationals on the rear, and drive the piss out of it.
It's a really nice ride, for what it is.

McCredie A

I'm super happy with my Raptor, of course it's like everything out there except for a TT, it could always use more HP and more travel but hey I heard Ford and Fox are already testing for the new 2016 Ford Raptor...............

PS. I can't get photos to post from my iPad. I'll have to use my PC....
2016??? whats the deal with these??!!

Dirty Harry

One problem with the Raptor (if you can consider it a problem) is that unlike most stock trucks, nearly anything people do to them make them look WORSE in my opinion. That bumper and those wheels in the photo look awful. The SEMA show was full of examples of this as well. The truck that Gregg posted for sale is the exception, that just looks downright mean.