Man! I love my Raptor!!!!!

DG_BTI

Reaction
I run the newer 37" BFG KO2 All Terrain on my Raptor and have 16,000 miles on them and still perfectly balanced and have very good tread life left. Lots of off road miles and no flats yet.

what all did you have to do to run the 37" KO2? I have read they are a little under 37" so maybe less bs for clearance?

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
what all did you have to do to run the 37" KO2? I have read they are a little under 37" so maybe less bs for clearance?

I have the new Fox aftermarket shocks front and rear. A little trimming was required in the front. I run a Method wheel as well.

Lots of companies make a spacer that raises the ride height on the stock shocks. I had the RPG 1 1/2” spacer before I got the new shocks and the 37”s cleared. They rubbed a tiny bit before I did the trimming.

DG_BTI

Reaction
I have the new Fox aftermarket shocks front and rear. A little trimming was required in the front. I run a Method wheel as well.

Lots of companies make a spacer that raises the ride height on the stock shocks. I had the RPG 1 1/2” spacer before I got the new shocks and the 37”s cleared. They rubbed a tiny bit before I did the trimming.

good to know, thanks!

TMorford

Reaction
I'm sure it has been discussed before but I don't want to sort through 45 pages of responses so sorry in advance...

How do the Gen 1 Raptors do towing something other than a flatbed? I'm thinking of picking up one in the near future but occasionally tow a 22 foot toyhauler loaded with a 2 seat Rzr and a bike. Currently I have an F150 with a 5.4 and it does alright.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
I'm sure it has been discussed before but I don't want to sort through 45 pages of responses so sorry in advance...

How do the Gen 1 Raptors do towing something other than a flatbed? I'm thinking of picking up one in the near future but occasionally tow a 22 foot toyhauler loaded with a 2 seat Rzr and a bike. Currently I have an F150 with a 5.4 and it does alright.

I don’t think it will be a problem. I see Gen 1 Raptors towing small toy haulers and enclosed trailers all the time. Maybe get a weight distributing hitch setup.

RaptorLou

Reaction
I pull a 22 foot enclosed trailer, with race car, spares, fuel, benches with tools and parts with no issues. I do have tow package, so has factory trans cooler. Just don't forget 5-6 gear are both over drive gears.
Lou

johndjmix

Reaction
Towed a big 12K deck over with my 14 a bunch, but with my new 18 the rear springs are super soft....forget putting any decent tongue weight on it without mods. I put my quad in the bed and it’s super low.

Not knocking my 18! So much better suspension than the 14. That rear is just too soft.

—John

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

BajaJT

Reaction
Has any one with a Gen2 messed with the brakes, seems to me like they could be better, my 2012 F150 4x4 seems to stop better?

MAC56

Reaction
Rather than spending a lot for better stopping I experimented with different pad compounds, for “ normal” driving the EBC green compound worked very good with a mild increase in brake dust. The EBC yellow compound for multi-day adventure runs is very good, almost too grabby but be prepared for a lot of brake dust.
Both cured the fade problem with stock pads.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
EBC make great pads and rotors... I used them on many projects!

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
Anyone having issues with the backup camera? I have a '13 and the camera works about 15% of the time and the others is says to go to the dealership.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
My brakes do seem to have gotten better with some miles. The first couple thousand miles my right leg was getting a huge workout. Kinda freaked me out

loufish

Reaction
Just got a set of the new Geiser bros. Ford raptor progressive front springs. Once I get them on and out in the dirt I’ll get back to you guys. All the reviews so far are that they work amazing and they lift the front about 2 inches so no collar needed.

Have you had a chance to run them in the dirt?....My two concerns are how much stiffer and with the rebound set for the OE springs does the front now seem a little under rebounddamped?
Thanks

tooltime

Reaction
I don't own a Raptor yet, but plan on having one by mid year. On the subject of brakes, I've been a huge fan of HAWK brake pads. I've run them on all my rigs, including a SRT8 Charger, my son's pre funner and many other rigs. I have yet to have brake fade with temps of 300 degrees on my SRT or my Yota, which has slotted rotors and HAWK 5.0 pads. Very little dust and no noise!

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
36558AB3-99F1-4493-A64D-A9B71A81CBE2.jpeg
Just got the 2017 Shortbus back from getting some work done at Cameron Steele’s new offroad shop “Baja HQ”
I went with Method wheels, BFG 37’s, Geiser brothers progressive front coils and Deaver +2 leafs in the rear.
I just picked her up this morning but holy cow what a HUGE difference. The tires don’t rub, at least running errands around town, even backing out of my driveway at full lock and I live on a fairly steep hill that creates some weird suspension angles.

The suspension overall feels stiffer but in a good more planted kind of way.
My wife calls our Raptor a boat cause she says it’s so soft that it wallows around.
That feeling is completely gone, she feels more planted and more predictable.
We’re going to Moab for spring break for some hiking and wheeling. I’ll let you guys know how she worked when I get a chance.

So stoked on the recommendations Pab and the guys made down at the Baja HQ.
Got the Bulletproof antenna mount and the PCI cup holder gps mount too.
Gotta save some coin and get those Baja Designs lights I’ve been coveting.

DG_BTI

Reaction
sweet, wanting to do the same exact thing. My only issue is I don't want the front level or higher. Want to keep the Raptor look with the rear a little higher. Not sure how to go about that and still put on 37's.