• Forum membership has its advantages....

Man! I love my Raptor!!!!!

DG_BTI

Do all Raptor drivers drive like idiots?
Coming out of our pit area at the san Felipe 250, headed back to Hwy 3, we must have had at least a dozen Raptors coming in to that area. You would have thought they were in a race, flying down a dirt road, dusting us out, as we were caravanning back out to the highway. Crazy stuff.
ya, cause I've never seen, chase trucks, F150's, F250's F350's, rzr's, 4 seat pre-runners, luxury pre-runners, baja bugs, dirt bikes, locals in whatever and assorted other dumb asses do the same thing at an off road race. Idiots as you say come in all colors guy.

Crusty Shellback

I know they do. It was just funny that every Raptor that passed us on that dirt road was hauling.

nimrod

KOOK!
Do all Raptor drivers drive like idiots?
Coming out of our pit area at the san Felipe 250, headed back to Hwy 3, we must have had at least a dozen Raptors coming in to that area. You would have thought they were in a race, flying down a dirt road, dusting us out, as we were caravanning back out to the highway. Crazy stuff.
Not all, some drive like Nimrods! ;-)

AZ7000'

I know they do. It was just funny that every Raptor that passed us on that dirt road was hauling.
Yeah, I don't like the trucks or the drivers much either.... Now if I had one the odds would be high on me hauling ass, spending a lot of time on the Raptor boards, and loving it! But for now they are lame

Crusty Shellback

I'm actually holding off for 2021 and see what the new RAM TRX actually winds up being. Momma said I need a new truck.
For now, I'll just stick with my topless Blazer.

nimrod

KOOK!
No matter what some other dudes are doing in their Raptors MAN! I LOVE MY RAPTOR!!!
Now we’ve come full circle.

Crusty Shellback

I've been eyeballing them. Just can't decide yet. Pull the trigger on a used supercharged raptor?
Wait for the Rebel and then decide on 7 liter or supercharged 700 HP?

DG_BTI

any suggestions on who can build a front bumper for my Raptor locally in san diego area?

Team Rivera

47 page thread and not 1 picture of a Raptor actually being used (offroad).
Typical Raptor owners all talk.
Now that you have your panties all in a bunch, shut up and post some pictures. :eek:

Short Bus

View attachment 190712 Just got back from Moab. The Raptor worked awesome. Did a bunch of hiking and wheeling. She did awesome on the white rim trail which is bumpy but easy. Felt bad blowing by the Jeep guys while they were bouncing around all over the place inside their Jeeps.
Did some medium rated rock trails. Passed a Cherokee on an either or and he took the easy way. Caught a wrangler but didn’t pass on the same trail. They were mildly built and on 35’s. The Geiser front springs with the Deaver +2’s worked awesome. The 37’s on Method 17’s never once rubbed and we did some fairly gnarly stuff, especially for a raptor. Sorry I was so freaked out I didn’t stop and take pictures. I know, really lame.
Anyways I highly recommend this setup. It worked amazing. Hit up PAB at the Baja HQ, those guys got it figured out.

This pic is a baby step we went up on the white rim trail which is rated easy, in 2wd, unlocked rear end. 37’s aired down to 22.
Which of the harder trails did you try? I'm familiar with many of them and am trying to get an idea of how much the Raptor can handle. I've been there a few times stock Ram crew cab (w/level kit) and got shutdown pretty quick on a number of trails. The ability to carry more speed on the open trails is appealing as I imagine a Raptor will handle the surprise ruts and washouts that you come across.