Man! I love my Raptor!!!!!

Surfnride1

It's kind of mandatory to take a log to SB. Takes a decent swell to make it good enough for a shorty. Hope you get some long ones

I just put a big ol log into consignment at Stewart’s surf shop that I should be taking down there. Ugh

stewwalker

I've asked this question on a couple other raptor forums, and am tired of the silly answers. Can anyone explain to me why most of the aftermarket wheels for raptors/F-150's are 0 offset? This adds almost 2.5"inches of track width.

I've been itching to swap out the factory gen 1 wheels for something different, but when on bottom perch wheels with 0 offset look goofy to me. Cant go to mid perch, truck steers like junk with 2 bikes and gear in the back...

loufish

"I've asked this question on a couple other raptor forums, and am tired of the silly answers. Can anyone explain to me why most of the aftermarket wheels for raptors/F-150's are 0 offset? This adds almost 2.5"inches of track width. "

I have the same question...when ordering my Gen II I was going with the stock wheels and then replace them with one of several aftermarket wheels, but after seeing the offsets sticking the wheels out past the fenders and not finding a stock off set aftermarket I then decided to get the BL wheels...The closest wheel I could find to stock specs were the ICON's...

JasonHutter

"I've asked this question on a couple other raptor forums, and am tired of the silly answers. Can anyone explain to me why most of the aftermarket wheels for raptors/F-150's are 0 offset? This adds almost 2.5"inches of track width. "

I have the same question...when ordering my Gen II I was going with the stock wheels and then replace them with one of several aftermarket wheels, but after seeing the offsets sticking the wheels out past the fenders and not finding a stock off set aftermarket I then decided to get the BL wheels...The closest wheel I could find to stock specs were the ICON's...
Most people are getting the aftermarket wheels to be able to fit the aftermarket upper arms. You need the offset to fit the larger heim on the a-arms.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

stewwalker

Glad you told me. I’m kicking around the idea of ordering some Braid wheels and I have to specify the offset. Don’t want to screw that up.

loufish

Most people are getting the aftermarket wheels to be able to fit the aftermarket upper arms. You need the offset to fit the larger heim on the a-arms.
I know that but for many of us who aren't going that direction the offset creates more problems then it fixes...like rubbing....too bad because I really like the Methods...

nimrod

KOOK!
If you get 17’s the Methods are really close to the stock offset. Like an 1/8”
My method 17’s with 37” BFG’s have had zero rubbing, not at full lock, not crawling over stuff in Moab and not on the fast stuff down in Baja. To run the 37’s I have Geiser progressive springs upfront and Deaver plus 2” in the back. Zero rubbing with this setup.

JasonHutter

If you get 17’s the Methods are really close to the stock offset. Like an 1/8”
My method 17’s with 37” BFG’s have had zero rubbing, not at full lock, not crawling over stuff in Moab and not on the fast stuff down in Baja. To run the 37’s I have Geiser progressive springs upfront and Deaver plus 2” in the back. Zero rubbing with this setup.
Hey Nimrod, is that with your Gen II or Gen I? I will be putting the Methods on this week and plan to see where they rub if they rub before I start cutting or bending things on my truck!

Jason

DG_BTI

I put Method 17's on my gen 2 with BFG 37's and have a lot of rub. Had to trim plastic and grind some. But, I do not have Geiser springs. I have Fox 3.0's. I need to add some pre-load to the springs.

nimrod

KOOK!
I have a gen 2 2017 with Deaver plus 2 leafs in the rear and Geiser progressive coil springs in the front.
Get a hold of Baja HQ or PAB.
Baja HQ - Truck & Moto Trips to Baja
The Geiser springs for the front are not that expensive.
They are a bit stiffer but progressive.
All I can say is the Shortbus works amazing down there.
At speed I normally figure one gotcha is okay but two in a row could end the day. I screwed up and hit that triple gotcha right after a left turn on the road from the coast back over to Santo Tomas at full tilt, I mean coming out of the turn sideways at full stick and she soaked it up with no real drama. I was amazed.
Well, I did have to stop and clean up my Diet Coke that went everywhere but thankfully the chemicals in that don’t stain, they might kill me but they don’t stain.

Last edited:

nimrod

KOOK!
Huh? Stock offset is 34mm. Methods are 0mm.

34mm X .039" = 1.326 inches

Am I missing something here?
The ford raptorback space is 0x5
You can get methods at 0x4.75 so a quarter inch off or 0x4.5
So half an inch off.
There’s some great info here:Aftermarket Wheels - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

All I really know is PAB set up my Raptor at Baja HQ and I love it. She absolutely LOVES Baja.
Just got back Monday from a 1600 mile trip down to San Juanico and back with a LOT of off pavement work exploring trails to Mulege.

Attachments

stewwalker

Talked to PAB in valley T at the 500. He said send my truck his way and he can get it hooked up. If only I had more time and money...

JasonHutter

Looks like you guys had fun Nimmy! The Methods went on today and yes on my Gen I, I had to trim a bit!

Jason

I was hooked up to a trailer so that’s why it’s sitting a little low in the back...

IMG_8553.jpg

Dezertpilot

Anyone know when the 2019s are hitting the dealers? I'm very interested in one possibly.