• Forum membership has its advantages....

Man! I love my Raptor!!!!!

Dezertpilot

JDDurfey

A good friend of mine here in Texas bought a 2018 Raptor and uses it regularly off road. He is an Ag consultant and is almost daily driving through fields. He is in a lot of sand and already had to have his cooling fans replaced twice under warranty because of the sand and mud getting in the motors causing them to fail.

His transmission is now not shifting properly either.

Is anyone else having problems with this? Are there aftermarket fans that are tougher?

Other than that, he loves the truck. He can cross irrigation ditches from field to field without going back to the road and it saves him a ton of time. He loves the better fuel mileage than his V-10 F250 and the better ride. He has owned every brand of truck and the only truck/ engine package that could stand up to his abuse was the Ford F-250 V-10. Everything else just fell apart. So he decided to try the Raptor, but now he is not happy.

BLATANT SPAM
We (SDHQ) built this a while ago. and it is up for sale now. It's not ours anymore and were just listing it for the owner. but dude, it is amazing. Full caged, very street-able, and comfortable prerunner. Its also proven. One of those trucks where you keep noticing the little touches here and there. We for sure went the extra mile on this build. Its listed in the RDC classifieds. SDHQ Built Ford Raptor

SDHQ Built Ford Raptor

Last edited:

TMorford

I ended up picking up a bone stock 2011 the other week and am wondering what the "must haves" are. I ordered SDHQs ABS guards and their basic rear frame brace along with a few goodies from PCI. Just wondering if there is something that should be upgraded for chasing in Baja with the occasional fun run to watch a local race. I am going to build my own chase rack so just wondering if there are some stock weak links that should be done without reading through over 1000 previous posts or dealing with the Raptor forums... haha.

I ended up picking up a bone stock 2011 the other week and am wondering what the "must haves" are. I ordered SDHQs ABS guards and their basic rear frame brace along with a few goodies from PCI. Just wondering if there is something that should be upgraded for chasing in Baja with the occasional fun run to watch a local race. I am going to build my own chase rack so just wondering if there are some stock weak links that should be done without reading through over 1000 previous posts or dealing with the Raptor forums... haha.
SDHQ has a steering resi kit in production right now. I think were waiting on a bracket is all. But its a good preventative item for a common issue. Besides that you have the common stuff you want to protect in place. Maybe skid plates would be next. (Thanks for shopping with us)

Jerry Zaiden

Like Dan said for sure upgrade the weak links in the steering fluid system.

Also a set of the larger aftermarket Fox shocks and a set of Camburg upper arms :)

What performance advance is gained with the replacement upper arm? More droop?
Increases usable wheel travel
Corrects camber and castor
Eliminates weak factory joints
Made in the USA FK 1.50″ Uniballs and JMX 7/8″ Heims
Heat-treated Stainless Steel Heim & Uniball Spacers
They don’t fit OEM stock wheels unless you use the 1.25″ uniball version

Big boy stuff you can beat on. We sell a ton of these for Jerry at SDHQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chainguide

I might be in the market to buy a new Raptor. What is the going rate these days compared to MSRP? The local dealers in OC are asking MSRP plus $2,500 as a starting point for a 2018. I think I remember reading on here somewhere that a dealer in South County was giving us RDC regulars a good deal :)

Check with Chris G at Team Ford
Chris Goeschel

General Sales Manager
5445 Drexel Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89130
(702) 395-5100 ext. 2341
(702) 349-1299 cell

Chris_Wilson

My 2018 blows a lot of blue smoke after sitting in the border line for 1-2 hours. Leaves a cloud behind it once clear of the border gate, don't notice any smoke while its in line. Goes away after about a mile of normal driving. Seems to be worse on the drivers side exhaust. Will take it into dealer. Anyone else had this issue? 14,500 miles on it now. Problem getting worse. Last time was much less smoke. This time much worse. Does not seem to affect driveability and no lights came on. Gauges normal.

mp_tx

I might be in the market to buy a new Raptor. What is the going rate these days compared to MSRP? The local dealers in OC are asking MSRP plus $2,500 as a starting point for a 2018. I think I remember reading on here somewhere that a dealer in South County was giving us RDC regulars a good deal :)
Just got done shopping for 2018's. Some decent deals with 2019's hitting the lots. Best I found was $4000 under MSRP at Akins Ford outside Atlanta, GA. Even if you are not willing to travel that far, it's posted on their website and can be used towards your negotiations. California had by and far the worst pricing I found.

I wound up ordering a 2019 locally, exactly the way I wanted it for MSRP with Recaro seats and new Fox shocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chainguide

Just got done shopping for 2018's. Some decent deals with 2019's hitting the lots. Best I found was $4000 under MSRP at Akins Ford outside Atlanta, GA. Even if you are not willing to travel that far, it's posted on their website and can be used towards your negotiations. California had by and far the worst pricing I found.

I wound up ordering a 2019 locally, exactly the way I wanted it for MSRP with Recaro seats and new Fox shocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
have you heard anything about the new shocks? Do you think they are worth holding out for? I am asking because I may have found a pretty good deal on a new 2018.

PAB has two 2018’s for sale. One is a long travel FULLY LOADED 4 door. Everything you can think of that you might want on a streetable daily driver is there.
The other has aftermarket Fox shocks and a bunch of other goodies and is also fully loaded. Both are 4 door Raptors
DM him or call the Baja HQ.
949-481-7742