• Forum membership has its advantages....

Man! I love my Raptor!!!!!

Fesco

Thinking of picking up a "Salvage Title" Gen 2 at auction to build into a prerunner yet still be street legal. Anyone go down that road before? Less cost up front but does it open problems for later?

TrophyBurro

how far do you want to take it? raptors limits seem to be the steering .

Thinking of picking up a "Salvage Title" Gen 2 at auction to build into a prerunner yet still be street legal. Anyone go down that road before? Less cost up front but does it open problems for later?

@TrophyBurro the only steering weakness is the cooling. We have logged 1000's of miles on runs and if you have a better cooling solution there has been no issues. Well unless you find a jumping tree but I am not going to talk about that....

dan200

#BSF200
The steering system will be completely replaced and probably do a four link in the back.
By the time you build it you are probably going to be throwing away all the "raptor stuff". Unless its really cheap for the gen 2 salvaged, ya might wanna just do an f-150 and put raptor glass on it.

Fesco

By the time you build it you are probably going to be throwing away all the "raptor stuff". Unless its really cheap for the gen 2 salvaged, ya might wanna just do an f-150 and put raptor glass on it.
Good point the one I looked at had a jacked up bed and body.
I would like to stay with 4wd

Dezertpilot

Well I pulled the plug. Got the 2019 raptor with cloth seats and minimal tech. Love it so far....l
I just had Icon Delta joint uppers and Eibach springs installed, love it. Going to be doing a bunch of upgrades here soon, such a rad truck. Coolest thing I've ever bought. Again congrats!

Dezertpilot

Any input on the Fox dsc shocks? Are they worth the 3700.00 bucks over the stock 3.0 shocks?
I think the new new Fox LiveValve shocks will be the bees knees for those that dont want LT like myself.

Dezertpilot

Anyone running a catch can on their motor? From the research I did it seemed like a good idea, preventative maintenance. I ordered the kit from UPR racing, it's high quality but the install was frustrating.

These EcoBoost motors need them or not?

crazyeye

If your motor has the direct and port injection then you are probably good without it.