• Forum membership has its advantages....

Man! I love my Raptor!!!!!

Dezertpilot

I love my '19, most exhilarating truck I've owned, Def worth paying MSRP on my end last year. If you can get a deal, awesome! IMO these trucks are worth sticker. Cant wait to see what the next gen holds.

Ohio414

How many of you are running 37s on your gen 1 ? I just put a set on and did the pinch weld “mod” but still have a little rubbing on full lock on inclines. Probably have to go to fiberglass fenders. Are 37s worth it?

MTPyle

We have 37” on our Gen 1. Rubs a little but not bad. The bigger tires eat up a lot. We really like the 37”. We have the Toyo MT on 17” methods.

93ABEF56-DD78-4E0E-A618-5FEF25755FE5.jpeg
F8309547-C4F8-430E-9A87-A638E3E58231.jpeg

johndjmix

Im surprised there are so many deals on Raptors, friends in the new car business here in Colorado keep telling me how busy they are during this....

--John

punchdrunk monkey

I have 37" (BFG all terrain) on Gen 1. For years they did not rub but now every once in a while they rub. Maybe my springs are sagging?? I do have Fox 3.0's

OR2BAJA

Who would you guys have install your race radio. Gen 2 raptor. I have messed around with installs in the past but there is a lot if technology built in these trucks and would like a true pro to do the work.

dan200

#BSF200
Who would you guys have install your race radio. Gen 2 raptor. I have messed around with installs in the past but there is a lot if technology built in these trucks and would like a true pro to do the work.
We have done a bunch at SDHQ but we are in Arizona. Not sure how practical that is for you but a few time a year I have traveled to other states to pick up vehicles to have them worked on by us. Just don't have a stereo shop wire it for ya. It is very much not the same. You might wanna contact PCI directly and have them refer ya to a dealer in your area.

TrophyBurro

depends where you are located. I would get the best wiring set up you could . Its not much so may as well do it right .

Canks

Anyone done the IVD RXT leafs and bumpstop kit? I currently don't have much weight n the bed but later in the year plan to add dual spares, etc. I'm also going to be running the SDHQ lowering shackles (1") to get the rear down. Was thinking setting #2, how hard is it to add the other leaf in the future once the leafs are on the truck?
Did you end up doing this?

Dezertpilot

D-Munoz1472

Towing or hauling heavy loads with Deavers or Icon leaf springs... Any input?
I have a slight lean on the left rear (no matter the amount of gas in the tank) of my 2014 and it appears its the leaf springs. I would also like to install after market leafs to get a more plush ride but I tow around 6,000 lbs from time to time and do not want to do it if the softer leafs have a substantial impact of being able to tow or haul weight in the bed.
I know Icons come with rate options for this issue but removing and breaking down the packs to add a leaf every time I tow is very unlikely. Looking to see if anyone has experience with this before I decide to deal with the lean or purchase Deavers or Icons.

pdailey

Racer
Towing or hauling heavy loads with Deavers or Icon leaf springs... Any input?
I have a slight lean on the left rear (no matter the amount of gas in the tank) of my 2014 and it appears its the leaf springs. I would also like to install after market leafs to get a more plush ride but I tow around 6,000 lbs from time to time and do not want to do it if the softer leafs have a substantial impact of being able to tow or haul weight in the bed.
I know Icons come with rate options for this issue but removing and breaking down the packs to add a leaf every time I tow is very unlikely. Looking to see if anyone has experience with this before I decide to deal with the lean or purchase Deavers or Icons.
I have been towing my UTV with spare parts, coolers, etc in the trailer and in the bed. I have Deavers. No issues whatsoever. It sags when I‘m towing a full load but tows perfectly fine.

D-Munoz1472

I have been towing my UTV with spare parts, coolers, etc in the trailer and in the bed. I have Deavers. No issues whatsoever. It sags when I‘m towing a full load but tows perfectly fine.
That is good to hear! I have heard people say with the softer springs the back feels a bit "floaty" and somewhat of a handful to drive with a trailer on the back.
I tow a 20' enclosed with a 4 seat dual sport car inside. I can deal with a little squat, just don't want to be white knuckling it when I have the trailer behind me.
16.jpg

DG_BTI

just got my raptor yesterday. Thinking of lowering the back as opposed to raising the front to get it closer to level. Anyone use the lowering shackles on their Gen 2 ?

SC150

New Bronco is (was?) set to to debut July 9th 2020. Just so happens to be OJ Simpson's birthday. Deeply appreciate Ford having a good sense of humor...