Man! I love my Raptor!!!!!

dan200

#BSF200
Yesterday I picked up a fully loaded 2020 from Team Ford!!!
Wholly crap there are a ton of buttons that I am not sure what they do.
For those that have the Gen2 - any tips or tricks I should know about? I did Mod my gen1. I think I am going to keep this one pretty stock. Right now I want to do the front springs (Ebach or Gieser) and add a descent subwoofer/amp.
I regularly beat up @pdailey S GEN 2 and we have had zero issues. SDHQ did the accessories/lighting/chaserack but Pat had someone else do the suspension and tires. His truck rides perfectly on 37's with an upgraded fox package that bolts in.

If he knew what we actually do to that truck when "we gotta do what we gotta do" to go assist the racetruck he would probably kill us.

punchdrunk monkey

My Gen1 had upgraded suspension and 37's. As of now, I plan to keep this one stock, other than level it out. Hummmm, now that I think about it, I think I said the same thing back in 2013. LOL

Dezertpilot

Yesterday I picked up a fully loaded 2020 from Team Ford!!!
Wholly crap there are a ton of buttons that I am not sure what they do.
For those that have the Gen2 - any tips or tricks I should know about? I did Mod my gen1. I think I am going to keep this one pretty stock. Right now I want to do the front springs (Ebach or Gieser) and add a descent subwoofer/amp.
At least plan on Deaver or Icon springs, make a world of difference.

Dezertpilot

punchdrunk monkey

Has anyone upgraded the B&O stereo? In my Gen 1, I was able to add an amp and 10" sub super easy. It doesn't look as easy now.

loufish

I agree 100% on the rear Deavers!...Why Ford choose to go with 2" blocks is beyond me. My very first dirt outing and the rear axle wrap drove me crazy! I went with a +3 to get rid of the blocks and run 2" longer SDHQ shackles to get back to OE ride height. The longer shackles seem to make the spring pak a little more compliant...

mig29

Has anyone upgraded the B&O stereo? In my Gen 1, I was able to add an amp and 10" sub super easy. It doesn't look as easy now.
Stock audio is usually bad, just upgrade.

Check Fry's Promo Code (Deal of the Day, Weekly Deals), they have some screaming deals on Home & Car Audio.

I got Infinity Kappa 62ix for like $60 (!!)

I got some nice head units for $80 (Sony, Kenwood, JVC) for some builds, Kicker 10" CompE subwoofer w/enclosure ($80!!), Cerwin Vega 12" subwoofer (replacement speaker for my Rockford Fosgate subwoofer) for $30

Blaupunkt 4x100W amp for $50:

Pyle makes some bang/buck speakers, they get great reviews. I use PLG64 6.5" woofer for my front door speaker, you can get them for $17 shipped (!!)

I have a couple of older Alpine rectangular (floor mount) sub-woofers bought in '86, I put it in my BMW 325i (e36). The thing flat-out ROCKS!! See pic

Attachments

Last edited:

punchdrunk monkey

@nimrod Nimmy, are there any tricks for the off-road settings? It doesn't seem like I can lock the rear diff in 2wd, like the Gen1. What about turning the traction control off? In the Gen 1, I had to hold the button down for (around) 5 seconds. And Baja mode automatically puts it in 4wd? I like 2wd so that I can slide the truck around.
What your favorite off-road mode?

nimrod

KOOK!
@punchdrunk monkey Ford killed the locking rear in 2wd. I generally turn off everything and run in 4wd sport mode. She’ll still slide around a bunch but the 4wd gives me a little chance at recovery with everything off if I get too far out there.
she’ll unlock over 35 mph in 4wd no matter what.

PAB and the guys at Baja HQ recently told me to run in Baja mode with manual shift. I need to try that. I’ve done baja mode but holy cow it hold shifts way too high up into the rev range for me. They said they put it in manual then they can control that.

Running in big bowls in the dunes I’ve found that the nannies take over no matter what you do if it thinks you’re getting too far out there. Pretty hard to toss her in the dunes and keep her moving when the stinking nannies take all the power away. Bogging down not ideal in sand. I haven’t tried Baja mode in the dunes yet but I will first chance I get.

Last edited:

nimrod

KOOK!
She’s still a ton of fun and I’m looking forward to using Baja mode in manual.
Everyone took away the full lockers, Toyota did too. I did call the guys at ARB and they said their set up should work fine. I’m a little nervous to pull the trigger on that though because of how integrated all
the electronics are.

I’ve had a blast in her so I’m pretty happy with her how she sits.

McCredie A

Do you have to be in neutral or stopped to engage baja mode?

DG_BTI

I run baja mode off road. Its awesome, but it does rev quite far. I will try the manual shift, sounds fun. I also notice in baja mode the truck "feels" like it holds up in the travel better. Not sure if that's due to the live valve shocks or what. But I love it!

nimrod

KOOK!
@nimrod Nimmy, are there any tricks for the off-road settings? It doesn't seem like I can lock the rear diff in 2wd, like the Gen1. What about turning the traction control off? In the Gen 1, I had to hold the button down for (around) 5 seconds. And Baja mode automatically puts it in 4wd? I like 2wd so that I can slide the truck around.
What your favorite off-road mode?
I’m like you, I love the slidey Stuff.
PAB told me that being in 4wd also helps on graded roads with eliminating the chatter from washboards.
I thought he’s nuts but it turns out the guy actually knows a thing or too. I guess that’s how he got into the hall of Fame.

punchdrunk monkey

Let me know when you want to do an off-road trip :) I don't have my first scratches yet.

dirtslinger

I actually can't stand Baja mode in Auto, it shifts waaaaay too high. I haven't done Baja and manual though. I typically turn off traction control, holding the button down for it feels like 10 minutes, sport mode, and only 4wd if I think I'm going to need it.

It's a great truck, and I'd like to upgrade the suspension, but now with seeing the rumors of a coil sprung F150, I think I'm gonna hold off dumping money into and see what happens in the next year or so.