Man! I love my Raptor!!!!!

JDDurfey

Reaction
Front end is tad bit wider, the suspension is 30% improvement on the Gen2 system, via chassis dyno, but anyone who's driven it says so.
So Ive heard..........
The Warthog is worth the wait, trust me, So Ive heard.....
I am sure it is a marketing thing...but how do you improve something 30%? 30% improvement over what? and in which area?

calstyl2

Reaction
So the Warthog is just the Raptor version of the Bronco? Was checking it out and no mention of putting the V8 in it. Only the high output Ecoboost V6 that's currently on the Raptor. I'll take the new Raptor all day long. I like having a truck bed.
I may of been in the Warthog at glamis, its got more power than the current raptor, 4 wheel drifting, blasting dunes, does not have raptor suspension, its own design. Not a V-8 but not the Raptor Ecoboost either, and a manual option too.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
So the Warthog is just the Raptor version of the Bronco? Was checking it out and no mention of putting the V8 in it. Only the high output Ecoboost V6 that's currently on the Raptor. I'll take the new Raptor all day long. I like having a truck bed.
Dan200 needs a bed in the Raptor for chasing

calstyl2

Reaction
My observation on the new raptor suspension is that its about as good as a upgraded Gen 2 with front end spacer and upgraded shocks and rear Deavers with bypass's but with the links, the wheel hop and chatter you see in the Gen2s is gone, its a legit upgrade for sure.
So Ive heard.......

dirtslinger

Reaction
I may of been in the Warthog at glamis, its got more power than the current raptor, 4 wheel drifting, blasting dunes, does not have raptor suspension, its own design. Not a V-8 but not the Raptor Ecoboost either, and a manual option too.

Sooooo, if you were in a Warthog, and you were going to consider ordering a new 2021 Raptor, would you wait one more year?

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I’m keeping my Raptor but Mrs. Nimrod is pretty sporty and she wants a bronco wildtrak. She doesn’t know it yet but she needs a warthog!
I‘ve heard they’re probably at least a year and a half out though.
I dig the ecoboost platform. I’m perfectly fine without a v8 and I’m old school.
ps. That is If my 2017 ecoboost doesn’t eat itself due to the cam phasers. 😳😜

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I love having a truck with a bed even a tiny one but if Mrs Nim wants a Bronco well let’s just say Happy Wife, Happy Life! No matter how much it pains me we’ll just have to get her a warthog. 🤪

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Hey you guys running 37’s on your Raptors should call Baja HQ about regearing. Mpg gets better, throttle response, it really helps. I’ve talked to peeps that have done it. I’m waiting to hear back from them for my appointment to get it done next week.
I Thought 4.56s but they told me 4.88s are better.
Anyone done this?

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Also you get almost a 50hp bump by changing to an aftermarket intercooler even without a tune. The stock Ecu recognizes the cooler temps. Just a couple relatively easy things to do to keep your Raptor kicking butt!

calstyl2

Reaction
Sooooo, if you were in a Warthog, and you were going to consider ordering a new 2021 Raptor, would you wait one more year?
Really depends on what and where your gonna use it, the Bronco is built with a heavy duty tailgate for the 35 or 37's but still gonna have everything inside the cab otherwise. For Baja Id go Raptor, the bed helps with stuff, not hearing cooler sloshing etc. The Warthog is hammers tested and great jeep style vehicle with much better suspension and ride than the Jeep. You will see the linked Raptor before the Warthog.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
Damnit! I just bought a 2020 raptor and signed the PO for the Sasquatch Bronco (at Team Ford).