Man! I love my Raptor!!!!!

dirtslinger

RDC Crypto
Looks like the 37's are going to be part of a "package", kind of a bummer if you don't like blue, and you aren't interested in that other stuff that's included in the 37 package.

Attachments

• 2021-Ford-Raptor.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 169

Canks

RDC Crypto
Hey you guys running 37’s on your Raptors should call Baja HQ about regearing. Mpg gets better, throttle response, it really helps. I’ve talked to peeps that have done it. I’m waiting to hear back from them for my appointment to get it done next week.
I Thought 4.56s but they told me 4.88s are better.
Anyone done this?

Did they mention pricing on the gear swap?

DG_BTI

RDC Crypto
off topic, an recommendations on front and rear fiberglass fenders for a gen 2 and a San Diego body shop who has experience installing? I know of Fiberworks, McNeil, ADV. Any advice is helpful, thanks

Dezertpilot

RDC Crypto
I think I'm gonna order thr new one, factory 37s yes please

Dezertpilot

RDC Crypto
I am wondering what the price difference will be to go to 37's? I would think it will be all the same fenders etc. If so it should not be hard to upgrade from 35's to 37's. Maybe there will be different brake set up etc for the 37 option. Either way stoked on it.

Did they make the raptor R in the second Gen? I remember hearing about it for the first gen and not many were built.
Different frame on the gen3 with 37s vs the truck with 35s

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Also you get almost a 50hp bump by changing to an aftermarket intercooler even without a tune. The stock Ecu recognizes the cooler temps. Just a couple relatively easy things to do to keep your Raptor kicking butt!

the Whipple Superchargers Raptor Eco Kit is 90hp 130lbs TQ and 50 state legal.

the cheapest easiest 90hp you can get.

Whipple raptor kit

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Tube. With the Whipple Eco Kit Just use 91 octane and all is good. I wonder if they have a E85 tune. That would kick a$$

I hope they put the V8 back in so I can buy one and put a Supercharger on it. The Eco with the kit is damn fast but nothing like a SC.

Mike

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
The whipple eco kit is not a supercharger. It’s a bigger intercooler for the turbo with cold air intake and a tune.
It is pretty amazing though for 2300.00 bucks. Personally I stick with the stock intake as I see lots of dust and don’t trust the aftermarket intakes. I’ve seen way too many pics on the Raptor forums with the intake tubes full of dust after the filter. I’m not big on getting a tune until my warranty expires because you never know how Ford will react to it but I’d love a better intercooler. Once she passes 100k on miles Im all in on a tune though!

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
The Whipple Raptor Eco kit has a panel filter just like stock. You can leave the stock one in and only lose about 10 RWHP. But the Whipple one is good. Whipple works very close with Ford on their kits.

The new V8 Raptor will most likely have the GT500 engine. The Whipple Kit on a GT500 makes another 200rwhp over stock. And that’s a stock kit. Run E85 and it adds another 400RWHP to stock. I bet the Raptor V8 with Whipple will put down over 600hp to the ground on gas with no other mods. That’s big and will be a blast to drive.

Mike

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Gents,
Semi related Raptor question here...I can't afford an actual Raptor but am looking at some eco-boost F150s. I'm not familiar with the Eco Boost at all and would love to bounce some questions off someone who's got a truck with one (Raptor or not). If anyone is willing to share some insight drop me a DM!

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Only thing I have heard negative is the Eco is not great for heavy towing.

I drove a F-150 down at Whipple that just got a kit installed and it was crazy fast. I have a 2016 Yukon 5.3L with a Whipple Supercharger and that F-150 pulled at least as hard. It put a smile on my Face for sure. Super fun truck.

if you don’t need to tow big loads long distance I would totally do a F-150 Eco. Personally I think the Ford F-150 is the best truck out there in that caragory.

there are so many aftermarket parts that you can build a F-150 to be pretty bad a$$. We have a Gen 1 Raptor and there is pretty much nothing Raptor left on the suspension, it’s all aftermarket. If you plan to make major upgrades the F-150 is great.

Mike

pdailey

Pug Dad
RDC Crypto
Looks like the 37's are going to be part of a "package", kind of a bummer if you don't like blue, and you aren't interested in that other stuff that's included in the 37 package.
Only thing I don't like in there is the graphics. I can handle everything else. Definitely ordering the 37" package. Anyone see what colors are coming out?

EMS702

Rescue 1
RDC Crypto
Gents,
Semi related Raptor question here...I can't afford an actual Raptor but am looking at some eco-boost F150s. I'm not familiar with the Eco Boost at all and would love to bounce some questions off someone who's got a truck with one (Raptor or not). If anyone is willing to share some insight drop me a DM!
Message John Tuba. He has one of the best f150’s out there.

Chris_Wilson

RDC Crypto
I would not buy a Raptor for towing but if you do, the limitation is rear axle weight and soft springs. It has plenty of power and brakes. I recently did a 3000 mile round trip to buy a custom open stacker trailer which was 6000lbs empty. (For use behind my diesel pusher). Got 15mpg there not towing but only 7.5mpg coming back with the trailer in tow. The eco boost mileage drops quick under heavy loads. And I don’t see any way it can tow the max 8000 they advertise without exceeding GAWR even with a weight distribution hitch. Non Raptor F150 is a much better tow rig.

Chris_Wilson

RDC Crypto
Too bad they force Recaro seats with the 37’s.
The standard comfort seats work better for getting in and out and I find them more comfortable. Probably something the dealer can fix.

I’ll be waiting to see mileage and fuel range on the V8 Raptor R. I love the huge fuel range on the Gen 2. Will we still get a 500 mile range with a 700hp V8? Doubt it but who knows.

McCredie A

RDC Crypto
I would not buy a Raptor for towing but if you do, the limitation is rear axle weight and soft springs. It has plenty of power and brakes. I recently did a 3000 mile round trip to buy a custom open stacker trailer which was 6000lbs empty. (For use behind my diesel pusher). Got 15mpg there not towing but only 7.5mpg coming back with the trailer in tow. The eco boost mileage drops quick under heavy loads. And I don’t see any way it can tow the max 8000 they advertise without exceeding GAWR even with a weight distribution hitch. Non Raptor F150 is a much better tow rig.

Can you send the link to where you are finding this information? I have not found much on the ford site. I am probably just missing it.