Man! I love my Raptor!!!!!

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
Can you send the link to where you are finding this information? I have not found much on the ford site. I am probably just missing it.
Here is a photo of my Gen 2 crewcab Raptor door jam sticker. You can see Front GAWR 3700, rear axle 3750 but total of both cannot exceed 7050.
Now take your Raptor the scales with a full tank of gas, your normal passenger and gear load and see how much you already have on the rear axle.
Then hitch up that 8000# trailer with 10% tongue weight (another 800 lbs), and you are very likely to be over both GAWR and GVWR.
Also attached is the other door jam sticker which says "The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed: 1067 lbs."
So to tow that 8000lb trailer Ford says you can tow, all passengers and gear must weigh less than 267lbs combined with 10% tongue weight.
BTW, these stickers are specific to each vehicle because they factor in what options are on the car. But you can see them at the dealer before you buy the truck.

Attachments

• IMG_2377.JPG
    IMG_2377.JPG
    992.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2378.JPG
    IMG_2378.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 24

McCredie A

Reaction
Sorry Chris I should have clarified I am looking for info on the gen 3. I am trying to figure out the 35' vs 37's.

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
Sorry Chris I should have clarified I am looking for info on the gen 3. I am trying to figure out the 35' vs 37's.
Google that. There are several articles detailing what they did to fit 37's and what details will be different based on which size you order.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Just got the aftermarket intercooler installed a Baja HQ. Peeps say it adds nothing but man are they wrong. The cruising around town mode now feels like sport mode. No tune, just the bigger intercooler. Thinking of having them do the tune upgrade. I think they use a stand alone jd4

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Just got the aftermarket intercooler installed a Baja HQ. Peeps say it adds nothing but man are they wrong. The cruising around town mode now feels like sport mode. No tune, just the bigger intercooler. Thinking of having them do the tune upgrade. I think they use a stand alone jd4
I didn't think it made a difference but I was working out in Yuma, AZ where it hovered at 115+ for a few months this past summer. I did it for the cooler intake temps, if I keep my gen2 it will serve me for when I actually do tune my truck in the future.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I didn't think it made a difference but I was working out in Yuma, AZ where it hovered at 115+ for a few months this past summer. I did it for the cooler intake temps, if I keep my gen2 it will serve me for when I actually do tune my truck in the future.

For my very unofficial butt Dyno it’s noticeable but I’m at sea level with cool, dense, air. I mostly got it for running in the desert and baja heat which I’m sure it’ll help with.

I kept looking down to see if I was in sport mode. She chirped pretty big shifting to second gear on 37” tires in “normal” mode.

Last edited: