Man I really wanted TT#2 Pistol to win!

Dezertpilot

Reaction
What is Pistols story?

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
man, i wanted me to win also.........quick recap.....racing for 3rd with RICKJ on last lap and come upon the 2 leaders stuck next to each other and on top of another truck only 7 miles out on lap 3, (i knew they were close cuz i flipped both of them off when i passed them on the bridge going the other way) suddenly we are in the lead with 60 to go and rick very close on time....i keep it smooth and wait to get splits at the pit areas to see how wild the last 25 is going to need to be......mile 22 smooth road, "POP" right rear blows....guys get out and change it (seems like an hour) and no rj, we take back off and go thru pit 1 and half way thru it our hood blows off at WIDE open, we get the call that he is about 30 seconds back.....now i am on it....clear a few lappers and going fast as we are now racing not only for a win but for $25,000....and we BOTH need it...........clear asphalt road and heading for pit 2.....class 10 on his second lap on left and we are going to fly by on right.....we are nearing a left hander and both lanes pinch down to one....he doesnt know im there and pinches me off...im going to fast to stop from hitting him so we move right and gas it...huge ditch to right but theres no options....i floor it and hold the wheel tight.....the truck makes it but as we get back on the line i immediately no we killed the right rear....we are less then a mile from pit 2 so we call and tell my guys to get ready we have a flat.....we limp to the pit and they change it fast but both rj AND andy go by......now we are out of winning but second still pays better then third so the race is back on......we push it to the finish trying to keep andy in sight as we have a 3.5 minutes to spare and we end up second in TT and second overall......less then 2 minutes out of the 25k payday............after race i looked at second flat and it was caused by the wheel bending on the inside and letting the air out.....and the first one is unknown as we left it, but my guys that got out and changed it said the wheel was broken so they didnt reload it, so maybe that one was the wheel also and not the tire.....who knows........see you all at the BAJA 500!!!!!!!!!!!! bring me a rabbits foot....i need some luck

harleys dad

Reaction
2 Flats???, whats up with that Pete??? At least you can slap down the reliability talk. Good job to you and your team, I like it when the uderdog scores!!!! Just wish it was you that scored the 25000! I know how bad you could have used the 12.5 after taxes LOL

Dezertpilot

Reaction

Tundranation

Reaction
man, i wanted me to win also.........quick recap.....racing for 3rd with RICKJ on last lap and come upon the 2 leaders stuck next to each other and on top of another truck only 7 miles out on lap 3, (i knew they were close cuz i flipped both of them off when i passed them on the bridge going the other way) suddenly we are in the lead with 60 to go and rick very close on time....i keep it smooth and wait to get splits at the pit areas to see how wild the last 25 is going to need to be......mile 22 smooth road, "POP" right rear blows....guys get out and change it (seems like an hour) and no rj, we take back off and go thru pit 1 and half way thru it our hood blows off at WIDE open, we get the call that he is about 30 seconds back.....now i am on it....clear a few lappers and going fast as we are now racing not only for a win but for $25,000....and we BOTH need it...........clear asphalt road and heading for pit 2.....class 10 on his second lap on left and we are going to fly by on right.....we are nearing a left hander and both lanes pinch down to one....he doesnt know im there and pinches me off...im going to fast to stop from hitting him so we move right and gas it...huge ditch to right but theres no options....i floor it and hold the wheel tight.....the truck makes it but as we get back on the line i immediately no we killed the right rear....we are less then a mile from pit 2 so we call and tell my guys to get ready we have a flat.....we limp to the pit and they change it fast but both rj AND andy go by......now we are out of winning but second still pays better then third so the race is back on......we push it to the finish trying to keep andy in sight as we have a 3.5 minutes to spare and we end up second in TT and second overall......less then 2 minutes out of the 25k payday............after race i looked at second flat and it was caused by the wheel bending on the inside and letting the air out.....and the first one is unknown as we left it, but my guys that got out and changed it said the wheel was broken so they didnt reload it, so maybe that one was the wheel also and not the tire.....who knows........see you all at the BAJA 500!!!!!!!!!!!! bring me a rabbits foot....i need some luck

Thanks for the recap ! Great reading ! :D...Andy MC we miss your recaps get back on ... Great Race Pistol ! Looking forward to the 500 !:D

Dirt Sailor

Reaction
Great job Pete. I was rooting for Staats, but that's family and family always takes precedents.
Congratulations!

Despized

Reaction
Good job Pete!!!! Wish we would have won! Thanks for mentioning that the tire change in the pit was fast!!!!! I still got burn marks on my digits from the lugnuts, HAHA. Next one Pete, its coming I know it!!!

onebuilder

Reaction
Awesome Job Pete! It was nice seeing the #2 up front again. The engine sounded good. So, how do you like the 40s? Congrats again!!!

Matt Stevens

Reaction
Yeah Pete great job. we had to miss this one cause life got in the way again but we were getting updates from my office, they were calling in updates and we were told you were in the lead on the last lap and the next call was you didn't win.... Man we were bumed. Congrats to Andy though, The Mint then Primm must be sweet.

Matt Stevens

Reaction
Yeah Pete great job. we had to miss this one cause life got in the way again but we were getting updates from my office, they were calling in updates and we were told you were in the lead on the last lap and the next call was you didn't win.... Man we were bumed. Congrats to Andy though, The Mint then Primm must be sweet.
I Just got told in the office that RJ won is this true?

smitty311

Reaction
Man I wish I could have been at the Finish line. Talking about a shoot out to end with the Famous PISTOL right in the mix. Its coming Pete hang in there.

tltony

Reaction
Way to go Pete. You should have seen your guys at pit 2 as the race was unfolding. They were bouncing off the walls :) We were rooting for you.
Tony