Man Short: Co-Drive AND DRIVE(!) Vegas to Reno

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
Reaction
Dusty Ventures Motorsports (the Boy Scout crewed off road team) lost one of our drivers. He decided he'd rather race 100 miles at Bristol Speedway than 1,000 in the Nevada desert. Math doesn't quite seem to add up to me, but whatever. Anyway, this means we're a driver short for the race. So I've decided to solve the problem Pistola style (and for the same reason. Budget lol). We're going to sell off the spot on the roster. So long as the truck doesn't die, you'll drive between 218 and 255 miles, and co-drive between 213 and 255 miles. In other words you're guaranteed a minimum of 437 miles of seat time (and as much as 510. We haven't decided which driver will run which stint). We have a rotating schedule set up so you will never ride with the same person two days in a row. We're here first and foremost to have a fun and memorable experience.

Since I'm sure you want to know about the truck, here's some info: The truck is a 98 Ford Ranger which will be running in the 7300 class (stock mini pickup). 4WD, 4 speed manumatic (manually shifted, automatic clutch), Blistein shocks, BFG rubber. The truck was (is being) built by Boy Scout Venture Crew 35 in Springfield, MA. Said scouts will also be the chase crew for the race.

No set price. Best offer gets the spot.

TauMau

Reaction
I'll start the bidding at $1

Chris Tobin

Reaction
I am a Short Man... Will that work???:confused: I'll also top those other two bidders and throw $3 into the ring!!!:D

Chris Tobin

Reaction
You'd have to bring your own phonebook to sit on so you can see over the dash

Deal!

I'll bring a phonebook and $3, where do I need to show up and which segment will I be driving?:D

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
What do you really need $$ wise and or support to make it work for you? Might be easier to get the real deal on the table. Perhaps a photo pf the truck to see what it is.

gabe928

Reaction
What do you really need $$ wise and or support to make it work for you? Might be easier to get the real deal on the table. Perhaps a photo pf the truck to see what it is.

i agree what are you really looking for and some pics would help!!

43mod

Reaction
this could be a chance to help out a very good org.lets see some more info and pics.

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
Reaction
I'm working on responding to all the pm's. If you haven't heard from me yet, you will soon. Meanwhile, here's some pics. It's been a month or two since I've taken photos, and we've added to the truck greatly since then, but at least you'll have a basic idea.

You can also see all the photos dating back to the start of the project HERE

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
Reaction
Ideally, we're hoping for something in the $1,000-$1,500 range (seemed fair since I know earlier in the year there was a stock class co-dog spot sold for about $700 that didn't include any driving time), but I know things are tight as hell all around which is why we're going for best offer. The chase support one can bring, along with any potential sponsors, also factors in.

AzBajaman

Big Az Dad
Reaction
I'll put in $3.50 with 2 phones books one for the driver and one for the co-dog...