manual valvebody vs reverse manual valvebody

motoxscott

Here's a simple auto transmission question for someone........What is the difference between a manual valvebody and a reverse manual valvebody? Is it the shift pattern P-R-N-3-2-1 and P-R-N-1-2-3 or something totally different? Do they perform the same?

Thanks,

-Scott

fishd00d

What A Joke
For racing purposes the Reverse is used 99% of the time.....even for a nice prerunner I would say go with the reverse cause its easier.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

hoeker

reverse manual keeps me from trying to grab a higher gear on the track, and hitting nuetral. this may seem simple, you only have 3 gears, right? but when you're on the track, and the adrenalin is pumping, it's easy to try for one more, even though there's only 50 feet to the next turn (where you need 2nd!) i've caught myself several times going for one more. performance would be the same without the idiot factor.

in a street/performance situation, i would install a reverse lockout shifter. then you can't hit nuetral, can shift manuallly nice, and didn't spend the money on a full manual trans.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

"to be successful, you must first learn to disagree without being disagreeable."

JCA

also if you are stuck you can go between r and 1st easier (rocking to get out). Even if you have to back up to get through a tight section or turn you can get back to 1st faster and easier

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com