• Forum membership has its advantages....

Manufacturers in San Diego/Orange County

sirhk100

Well, I just found out I'll be getting layed off fairly soon. I'm thinking now would be a great time to change careers and head in a new direction. I'm looking to get involved in the off road industry either racing or recreation. I have a BS degree in Industrial Technology and a very broad knowledge of general automotive operation related to chasis, engine, and suspension. I'd be interested in working for anything from major manufacturers to small design shops.

What companies/shops are located down in San Diego or Orange County? I'm looking to send out resumes to as many as possible. I'm open to motorcycle, buggie, truck, etc....

Khris

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

Ryno

Khris-

That's pretty much where everyone is. Either Orange Co, San Diego, a couple in the Inland Empire. In San Diego, there is Autofab, JBA, and Baja Designs. Orange Co is where all the big boys are. Donahoe, Edelbrock, FMF, Pro Circuit, etc. Camburg is there too. Take a peek around...

Ryno

JCA

Not to mention Race Design, Spirit& H&M in San Diego.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.andrewsracing.com>www.andrewsracing.com</A>

DougM

In San Diego County area alone- Stewarts Raceworks, RCD, ProComp, Timmy Lawrence, RFD, ProTruck, Bilstein, Acerbis, Nat'l Spring, ORW, Mastercraft, Jimco, McMillin Racing, Baja Concepts, H&M, Fox Racing Shox, Race Ready-and Im sure Im missing a few..

sirhk100

Thanks for the lists guys!! I'm going to spend Sunday making up resumes and finding addresses!! I figured I'd make resumes for both companies related to my current field and also companies like those listed for a career change. Keep them coming, I'm going to blanket the industry. I'm looking for bigger companies that might have colleg grad entry level engineering positions. I'd love to get into fabricating but I'm just not sure that I can take the pay cut right now because I'm sure I'd be getting hardly anything while learning. I'd rather get my foot in the door at a big company and learn the skills on the side then in the future maybe get involved with a fab shop. Again thanks for the list and if any of you work for these companies, keep your eye out for a Resume with my name on it!!! I've got a lot of desire to at least get my foot in the door and go from there!!!

Khris Kading

'99YZ400,
lifted golf cart

sbro

Khris,
If I'm not mistaken, I heard that CST was moving into a larger production facility and were hiring. I may be wrong, but it never hurts to call 909-383-5454. Maybe Jeff can verify this.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by sbro on 10/18/01 04:34 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

sirhk100

What's CST make? I've never heard of them.

'99YZ400,
lifted golf cart

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
California Super trucks. THey sell a lot of accesories and make suspension components.

Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

Tony_Barraza

Mike-

You can find California Super Trucks on the RDC "Linkz" heading, then look under "Fab Shops"

RDC - Your One Stop Shop! LOL!

Good Luck!

TB