• Forum membership has its advantages....

Manx Buggy Club

L&SMotorsports

Just wondering if any other RDC readers are members of the Meyers Manx Buggy Club, and if so, are you going to the Big Bear Bash next weekend (July 13-15)? If you own a fiberglass buggy, any manufacturer is allowed, you might want to check it out next weekend. This is usually their biggest event, and there are some really nice cars. Watch out SoCal Martin, the buggies will be taking over your town for the weekend!
Later

bajaboy

I'm not in the club , but I actually just got a manx body from a friend . It's just the fiberglass and pan , You know any shops who can help me out, I've never restored a car from the ground up ?

L&SMotorsports

Well, if the pan is already shortened, the hardest part is taken care of. Most of the rest is bolt on stuff from a bug. If you can get up to Big Bear, the cars are all in one place on Saturday morning until about 10:00, then everyone takes off on the runs they have planned. You can check out the cars, as there is everything from original to super trick with full tube chassis, coil overs and a few even have A-arm front ends. You can get an idea of what you want to do. If your car is an original Manx, you may want to consider putting it together as stock as you can, as the Manx seems to be worth a lot more than the other manufacturers. Let me know if you plan on going and I'll look for you.
Later
Tim

martininsocal

hey tim-are you and your brother coming up? where is the take off spot? i was wondering if they will be at cactus flats at all this year. also, are you guys running john bull? if so, i wanna watch! i will try to get greg hoffman to watch also. he is the ohv trails coordinator for the berdoo forest. i am trying to convince him that buggies need a green sticker route from cleghorn to yucca valley and he is interested. i told him that there would be even more manxs if he opened up the routes to green stickers too. martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

L&SMotorsports

Hey Martin, the gathering place is at a place called Camp Tonda, on Lakeview Dr. Everyone will be there until about 10:00, then there are 3 different runs to go on. Then on sunday, everyone leaves at 7:00 for a run up to the radio towers. I've been the past 2 years and it's a lot of fun. I'll look for you, I've got a faded maroon "El Lobo" body car, but look for the two cars with MDR stickers. There are some really trick cars that you'd like to see. If I don't see you this weekend , I'll see you at the next Victorville WEMO meeting.
Later