Marine Fuel tank

V8Ranger

Reaction
Just curious if anyone has used a marine fuel tank as a cheaper alternative. I'm not sure how rugged or safe they are but they are made out of polyethelene. I'm sure you'd want to build a steel or aluminum case to enclose them but you can beat $139.99 for a 50 gallon tank with a sending unit.

ntsqd

Reaction
They're a decent option if you merely want a larger capacity tank and have the space to fit one. Not sure about baffling, that may be an issue since boats don't often see the angularity that an off roader does. (I know that there are exceptions to this and everyone who reads this has a buddy who once....., but by and large my statement holds true)

Don't be decieved into thinking you've got a fuel cell though. You don't. They do not have the foam in them to start with.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
My uncle had one in his buggy for awhile. Worked fine except it was ugly as hell.

tedmales

Reaction
a friend of mine purchased a truck that had one that had an a cover that looked like a fuel cell. he didn't even notice for a while. he never had any problems with it, just like was said earlier, it doesn't have the safety factor of a fuel cell.

V8Ranger

Reaction
Yeah, I'm planning on running a cell for safety reasons but I figured people who wanted to go the cheaper route might want to look into a marine tank.