Marines post review of scoping comments Johnson Valley

jacob78

Reaction
Now that I have a headache and My vision is blurry, what does it all mean?
Havent read it yet but hopefully it means that the land is useless to them. lol
Edit- 19, 244 comments recieved. 71% from OHV Users 21% from greenies. Others from residents.

So pretty much I think We need to comment when the Draft EIS comes out.

Last edited:

TomJeeps

Reaction
Well at least a good OHV presents has been formally acknowledged, let's all give ourselves a hand for that...TJ;)

jacob78

Reaction
Yeah. That was the point of all the comment cards, letters, emails and petitions. To show our presence. Good job!

Shoyrtt

Reaction
Wayne, did I read the report correctly? The Marines are considering the 3,000 comments from PFJV as "environmental" group?

Wayne_Nosala

Reaction
Wayne, did I read the report correctly? The Marines are considering the 3,000 comments from PFJV as "environmental" group?
I honestly don’t know why that got classified that way. We as
the Partnership have had good dialogue with environmental groups
and they support our JV efforts but we don’t claim to be an enviro
motivated group. The bar on page 8 refers to PFJV 3332 signatures.

There may be some enviro verbage there on the first petition , I would have
to find it or ask Tammi who put those two together.

There are a couple of minor mistakes on the report, Like the CORVA meeting,
Rather is was a PFJV meeting

BTW, Those two petitions were literally put together by one person,
Not PFJV, Tammi deserves quite some recognition for gathering all those
signatures from all over the globe

She has also spent countless hours fixing multiple signatures to keep
it unique and credible

Wayne

Cerberus2k7

Reaction
As long as they all say GO EAST, does it matter...TJ;)
It does actually. Ever hear of Mojave Viper? You have CAT teams, snipers going on unknown distance shoots, a ton of night movements, and focusing on small unit live fire training just to get ready to "go east".

TomJeeps

Reaction
Ever hear of Mojave Viper? You have CAT teams, snipers going on unknown distance shoots, a ton of night movements, and focusing on small unit live fire training just to get ready to "go east".
Well folks looks like we have Tuscan Warriors camped out in the canyon dune turn, don't think that would be a wellcome element in this galaxy, we could also toss in a few Black Helicopters just for good measure...TJ:D

Cerberus2k7

Reaction
Well folks looks like we have Tuscan Warriors camped out in the canyon dune turn, don't think that would be a wellcome element in this galaxy, we could also toss in a few Black Helicopters just for good measure...TJ:D
Black halos are soooooo outdated. You need these guys.

TomJeeps

Reaction
Have not been to any militai meetings for over a decade, I'm sorry why don't you help bring me up to date (-:, any way I think I get your point which I assume is "be carfull what you wish for you might get it". To newcomers on this issue where asking the Marines to consider expanding to the EAST, away from the OHV area not any wish for them to go for war, just to be prepaired so we wont have to...TJ

Cerberus2k7

Reaction
Have not been to any militai meetings for over a decade, I'm sorry why don't you help bring me up to date (-:, any way I think I get your point which I assume is "be carfull what you wish for you might get it". To newcomers on this issue where asking the Marines to consider expanding to the EAST, away from the OHV area not any wish for them to go for war, just to be prepaired so we wont have to...TJ
Ooooohkay...I missunderstood you. I thought you meant "go east" as in "go to the middle east" since I've heard a few people say it like that before heading out.

TomJeeps

Reaction
He He, and I thought you were kiding around saying we should go EAST into the training area, as they were training which gave me flash back of a race in a Star Wars movie...TJ:eek:

TomJeeps

Reaction
He He, and I thought you were kiding around saying we should go EAST into the training area, as they were training which gave me flash back of a race in a Star Wars movie...TJ:eek:
[video=youtube;QCUbn_MfICg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCUbn_MfICg&feature=related[/video]

TomJeeps

Reaction
[video=youtube;63e2M_ER1NA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63e2M_ER1NA[/video]

OK let's get this thread back to this Galaxy at least, if we did have races in Marine training areas they could have some interesting ways to deal with cheaters, such as the "peoples curse" at the 24 hours of Lemons $500 claimer race...TJ:rolleyes:

WannaB-class5

Reaction
The document summerizes some of the alternatives "we" suggested. Many refer only to specific companies but many would keep our land open at least for racing. Page 13 of the document goes over all this (page 19 of the PDF). One options is to have the USMC Purchase private land to replace the lost OHV land.

Basically its a jump off point and we are in it! This is the good part. We can't let up though. I hear they basically do what they want to do unless stopped and they ONLY mitigate what they have to. If we let them off the hook we will get nothing.

WannaB-class5

Reaction
Oh and I loved this part...someone actually wrote these!

6.5 Comments Beyond the Scope of the EIS
A total of 13 comments received (< 1 percent) were beyond the scope of this EIS. These
included comments that recommended an alternative project location be Oklahoma,
Iraq, or phrased as “anywhere but here.” These suggested alternatives are beyond the
scope of the EIS because they do not meet the purpose and need or selection criteria for
alternatives.

TomJeeps

Reaction
NIMBY, why yes:)

Beleive it or not I think we're in good shape so far, remember it was the BLM that pointed the Marines West, they just want enough land to for fill their mission of training three Division at 29 Plams. I myself feel the Marines have been very responsive to us, been to many of the public meetings I'm not going to say we wont lose an inch, but I'm dam sure we'll do be here than many other cases, just my opinion...TJ