Mariposa 500

GARY HOUGH

"That's Right!"
Reaction
It was the 4th annual mariposa 500 at ocotillo wells had 18 cars racing and few hundred spectators. The winner 1972chevy impala, second place vovlo 240 sedan third nissan sedan the winner made it around rough course of 31 miles in 55 min next car 8 min behind 10 miles of woop de do .there was8 cars that finished all others picked up and towed home .the start was landrush start took 10 min for dust to clear the best part of race is to here about all stories of racers and what happen .ill postsome pic tomorrow if anybody else has any please post on this thread

nohandslance

Reaction
Awesome! How does one get an invite?

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
I will be posting the official video up tomorrow ..... NOT! I was not invited to this non-event that did not happen.

No biggie, we got guys who go out and crash junker cars in the desert and light them on fire and leave them there... happens all the time here.

Next time, give me the Mariposa secret handshake so I can come shoot vid and enjoy spectacle. gracias

GARY HOUGH

"That's Right!"
Reaction
I talked one of the guys that raced they sweeped intire course got all parts that fell of cars and i will do it again this weekend

DEZDAD1

Reaction
Gary you should of called me i would of been there ...I'll see you this weekend ...

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Sucks I couldnt make it! I have a car for this so you know the next one I will be there!!

Paul Kozik

Reaction
Hey are some still photos i pulled from some video I took. The picture quality isn't that great, but the fun and excitement was fantastic.

Attachments

michael_loomis

Reaction
Dezert Lemons! Wish i didnt need Z number two for parts or it woulda been there! Haha

D. Freeman

Reaction
Nice. the dude who parked his red buggy on the 007 is wearing road racing leathers for a driving suit. ha ha ha. Reminds me of the time I saw a dude on palomar mountain on a Cbr 600 with a full wet-suit .

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Nice. the dude who parked his red buggy on the 007 is wearing road racing leathers for a driving suit. ha ha ha. Reminds me of the time I saw a dude on palomar mountain on a Cbr 600 with a full wet-suit .
LMAO!!!!!!! thanks for the visual!

ryanfrisby

Reaction
Mariposa is so fun thanks guys. Any body got video of the start. I wanna see where I broke my axle.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Ahhhhhh even though I was unable to race it is good to see that being a team owner this year was payed off! Hendrick motorsports watch out haha And my car is an 85' Chevy Caprice not a 72 impala, Just got the car back From Richard thanks Gary for the easiest 800$ I ever made! Cant wait for the next round