• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mark Williams axles

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Maybe someone can help me with this. I have a 90 ranger with a 9 inch axle I want to convert to a full floater. I called Mark williams today about the floater kits they offer. After explaining what I was planning for the vehicle, " daily driver/prerunner." they recommended not using their kits under any circumstances. The reason was they use a snap ring to hold the hubs onto the spindle, and they are afraid it would break under load or extreme use. They recommend the floater kits for drag racing only.

I've heard people on this site recommend Williams before, and I'm wondering if anyone has any info on this. Also, Can anyone steer me in the right direction to contact Summers Bros., Cone, or any other manufacturer in regards to a full floater set up, can you post a web address, or a phone number.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Well that's good to know about MW. I'm not sure of Summer's # but they are in Ontario, CA. You might want to check out stuff from Stock Car Products of from Coleman, they sell all the stuff to build floating rear's. Pete from Kartek just finished his using grand national hubs and stuff and it turned-out great. I belivesnouts, hubs, drive plate, rotors, calipers, and bearings run just over a grand for everything.

Greg

ntsqd

You can also try AFCO and Port City Racing for the stock car parts (both have pages, as do Coleman and SCP). Warn also makes a bolt-on floater kit. You didn't say if you wanted a bolt-on or weld-on kit. I'd go with one of the ready made housings with welded on spindles if it's in the budget. One of them (can't recall which) had a flyer out ~2 months ago, bare floater housing in any width $250-300 depending on options.

TS

"Teach you all I know and you're still stupid"
-- Howdy Lee

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Thanks for the info everyone, I would prefer to go with the weld on hubs if I can find them. I'm trying to say away from buying a new housing, the 9" I have is fine and I don't want to replace it if it's not necessary. I'm still trying to find a phone # for Summers bros. The only one I could find was old and has been disconnected. If anyone out there knows the new number please let me know.