Marking the MDR course

Greg

Reaction
I think we need some help! 63 miles is a lot to mark in one day and a couple of the regulars aren't going to make it out. If you plan on prerunning sat. afternoon maybe you could spend a few hours helping in the morning. Or if you've been looking for a reason to test those new shocks, this would be a perfect opportunity. Look up MDR in the links and call Patricia for the latest info.Thanks.

Greg

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
11 Brothers are going out to help .Thanks Dennis

schafer

Reaction
Hey, I forgot you name already!!! You were driving the white ranger right? anyway i forgot to ask, were you guys the one testing a truck down by the Farms off newport? Just curious.. also whats your freaking name again! hehe.

Corey Schafer

desertracer

Reaction
For those who were able to go out and mark the course, are there any major spots that need to be avoided or looked out for in the race this weekend? I am planning on pre-running on Friday but it would be great to know a bit in advance. Thanks

MDR #112

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
White Ranger is Greg and Jen.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

tkr

Reaction
The morning after the Wild Wash 250, we went to collect a team sign we had sitting out on the road, and it was gone. After pre-running in Lucerne this weekend, we found it leaning up against the entrance sign! I'd like to thank whoever picked it up and kept it safe for us!

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

drtdevil93

Reaction
desertracer: YES! from approx. mile 55 (after the u turn at soggy dry lake) until "the wall" it is very rough, and there are 3 very large dropoffs (cliffs) that if you hit them faster than 5-10 mph, you will die. they all got marked pretty well, though, just go slow through that whole part, nail the wall, and from then on its fast.

erik

sirhk100

Reaction
Outta curiosity what's the distance from mile 55 to the wall? This will be the team I help out with first run on this coarse and I'm riding shotgun so I'm curious what I'm in for on this coarse.

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
The rough rocky rollers start at about mile 55 and the wall is at mile 58, finnish is at mile 62. This is off last years milage data. but should not vary much.

Duct tape is like the Force.It has a light side and a dark side,and it holds the universe together.

desertracer

Reaction
Another spot that sounds like it could be a bit tight is around mile 33. On the course notes it talks about a sand uphill that could possibly change come race day. Can you guys offer any insight on this place. Also, is this course going to be pretty fast in general (washes and light whoops) up to mm55 and then open back up after the wall? Thanks

MDR #112

tkr

Reaction
That sand hill is already soft and wooped out. Should be interesting after a couple of miles. The first 5 or 6 miles is infested with tire eating rocks, and like they already said, the few miles before the wall are pretty rough. Other than that its gonna be really smooth and really fast.

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

desertracer

Reaction
Thanks for the heads up. This should be a fun race. Hopefully we can get clean air since we are starting 2nd off the line. Good luck to everyone who is going.

MDR #112

frankh

Reaction
Well with the cars around you I will say one thing if you get to clean air you will be hauling ass. we will see everyone out there. good luck.

Everyone remember to throw some extra water in. If you break down in the middle of no-where. (been there done that) It will be hot out there.