Masks at Vegas to Reno

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Out of respect to BITD and Desert Racing at large it is imperative that one follows the requirements of wearing a mask.

No buts, no exception, no nada.

What? You yourself advocate not wearing a mask in public for your own reasons one might say after reading some of my purple posts or watching me walking around town.

There is a difference between my own political protest and expressions I exercise as granted to me by law vs. being invited to a private event.

See the difference between those activities is I can voluntarily engage in vs those that are existential. Vegas to Reno is something one engages in voluntarily and there is a condition attached to it: Wear that stupid mask. No explanation needed why. Do it voluntarily or don't participate.

Think about the big picture at stake. One individuals violation of any authoritarian rule may result into there not being a permit issued again or the next permit has even more stipulations attached to it making racing more costly.

If you think that protesting in the pits or contingency will give your point of view any merit...you may win a battle in your own mind while the war is not being won that way.

Perhaps organize a no mask protest in front of the Las Vegas authorities buildings or on the strip. Or don't wear a mask all around town away from a race that requires it and convince people to your way of thinking. Or vote differently. Or..or or... The menu of choices is vast.

We are unique; not special and in so many ways more equals than we are not.

We all want the pandemic to be over with and racing to be conducted as we remember it and this weekends path towards that is to wear a mask.

Thank you

Last edited:

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
lol did anyone say they were not?
I think Klaus is getting out ahead of this and it's a great post. All it takes is one douchebag Ken or Karen to mouth off to a BLM officer and it's over for us. We've all seen the supermarket posts. And I know there's at least one person in our sport who has it in him or her to act like that to an authority figure. If you think you're going to be that person, do us all a favor and stay home.

green787

Reaction
hell i think the mask this is as stupid as it gets but if your going to a event that requires it like a seat belt or a helmet then lets all do the right thing! and oh yea blm is not black lives matter either!
Couple of beers and you'll be popping off to the "BLM"....... 🧷

Klaus has shown LEADERSHIP by EMBRACING the rules instead of always the butz and disclaimers.....

Last edited:

Robin Hood

Reaction
I read something, somewhere today and now I just can't get the image of sheep out of my head.

jon coleman

Reaction
beurow of land management are your friends, they want to help this off road thing!!, respect goes both ways, lets All look out for each other& kindly help those that go astray,otherwise, with out desert racing, i think they get Board out of there Minds!!

stephenrjking

Reaction
It is the easiest thing in the world for governments to say "no" right now. College football, a multi-billion dollar sport, is in the process of cancelling whole seasons as we speak. Other sports rest on a knife edge even without fans. Indy, Le Mans, all being run under tight controls without fans.

Nevada or the BLM could say "no" so, so easily. It's safe. It's easy. Off road isn't even a particularly notable sport. Yeah, it's outdoors and not crowded blah blah blah. It doesn't matter. It is the easiest thing in the world to say "no" right now.

And they've said "yes." Hopefully, they won't regret it. Doing what they ask is a small cost for that.

Last edited:

mig29

Reaction
Out of respect to BITD and Desert Racing at large it is imperative that one follows the requirements of wearing a mask.

No buts, no exception, no nada.

What? You yourself advocate not wearing a mask in public for your own reasons one might say after reading some of my purple posts or watching me walking around town.

There is a difference between my own political protest and expressions I exercise as granted to me by law vs. being invited to a private event.

See the difference between those activities is I can voluntarily engage in vs those that are existential. Vegas to Reno is something one engages in voluntarily and there is a condition attached to it: Wear that stupid mask. No explanation needed why. Do it voluntarily or don't participate.

Think about the big picture at stake. One individuals violation of any authoritarian rule may result into there not being a permit issued again or the next permit has even more stipulations attached to it making racing more costly.

If you think that protesting in the pits or contingency will give your point of view any merit...you may win a battle in your own mind while the war is not being won that way.

Perhaps organize a no mask protest in front of the Las Vegas authorities buildings or on the strip. Or don't wear a mask all around town away from a race that requires it and convince people to your way of thinking. Or vote differently. Or..or or... The menu of choices is vast.

We are unique; not special and in so many ways more equals than we are not.

We all want the pandemic to be over with and racing to be conducted as we remember it and this weekends path towards that is to wear a mask.

See pic 1

Japan, 1959, 55 minutes
A chubby boy [ Oyama ] from a wealthy family befriends a lean and poorer classmate [ Komatsu ] in this sentimental children's story from 1959. “Skinny” excels at school, sports, and making friends. He tries to help “Fatty”, who has a talent for antagonizing the other children, but finds he is only fighting his friend’s battles for him. He tries to prod Fatty into thinking and acting on his own.

see 44:30 mark, Oyama goes to the mountain & yells

"Komatsu..THANK YOU!"

See pic 2. His poorer friend (Komatsu) moved away, parents were migrant workers

Mandy7882 (10 yrs ago)
Thank you to whomever posted this. Geeky333. Haven't seen it since I was 6 and like everyone else, love this film. Makes you wonder what do "children" have today...? Sadly, not this. And they should.
faeryquene (10 yrs ago)
Omigosh! I loved the Children's Film Festival as a child-thank you so much for posting these wonderful videos! I remember "Skinny and Fatty" and I cried buckets at the end! :)

notsoflexibleflyer (10 yrs ago)
I don't know what made me look this up, but it's been in the back of my mind since 1967 when I saw it as a 7 year old. This is one of those things you'll mention to someone and they'll have no idea what you're talking about. No wonder our generation is so weird.
mickey lugo (9 yrs ago)
Wow This movie came out the year my mom was born, she watched it when she was 8 and it was the first movie that ever made her cry. Thank you very much for posting
Deborah Fairbanks (10 yrs ago)
Dear Geeky333, I can't begin to tell you how much it means to my sister and I to view this movie again! We watched it as children and never forgot it. But it was impossible to find until you made it available. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Attachments

Last edited:

jon coleman

Reaction
jumping the shark, the fonz just got the challenge on Me tv, oh man,' to be continued', that sux

Bricoop

Reaction

See pic 1

AllMovie | Movies and Films Database | Movie Search, Ratings, Photos, Recommendations, and Reviews

see 44:30 mark, Oyama goes to the mountain & yells

"Komatsu..THANK YOU!"

See pic 2. His poorer friend (Komatsu) moved away, parents were migrant workers

Mandy7882 (10 yrs ago)

faeryquene (10 yrs ago)

notsoflexibleflyer (10 yrs ago)

mickey lugo (9 yrs ago)

Deborah Fairbanks (10 yrs ago)

jon coleman

Reaction
i quit using the ' i dont drink or do drugs ' excuses, ( it actually makes you look stupidurr, because now you've got NO excuses)

johndjmix

Reaction
Its proven that masks stop or lessen the chance of getting any airborne virus....no one can argue that. Lets be smart and keep this from spreading and most importantly please the BLM, we have to play by their rules regardless if you want to or not.

Applause to BITD for pulling this off!

We have tons of extra masks and will bring them to tech in case someone forgets theirs just ask us! Some of us actually look better with masks on :):):):):):)

Waiting for a team to say their trucks air filter got clogged and they made a Makeshift air filter out of masks.

--John

green787

Reaction
I DO RACE THO......
I did too... I'm just following BITD recommendations that 65 year olds not attend.... Not to be outdone by my Grandparents, but I guess they liked to take pics of themselves being driven around in the coolest cars of the time also..... If you didn't wear your mask back then, you were called a SLACKER.....!!! How many "slackers" are here on RDC....???

Flu Pandemic 2.jpg

Last edited:

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Please lets not turn this into character assassination of one group versus the other nor the reasoning behind masks or not masks.

The intention was to remind everyone that at the BITD Vegas to Reno masks are required for whatever reason. Not wearing one is negatively affecting this events outcome.

Thank you