• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mast Mounted Canopy Lighting - chase truck


Well-Known Member
I have seen a few camps with a mast mounted 360 degree round flood/canopy light. Looks to mimic the sun, spherical surface. Does anybody know where to get them or what they are called? Looking for pit lighting at night ran off a 10kw generator, thanks.


Well-Known Member
like these lights attached in pic


Well-Known Member
They are called balloon scene lights. I noticed Caltran using them in our area, which is why I looked them up.

IMO -- it's too much light for just one pit. Someone had one at Vegas to Reno at Rawhide a few years ago and it was bug central. I used a bunch of LED lights and keep them off as long as possible to avoid the bug issue.

Here's a supplier I found using Google:
Airstar Space Lighting | Light Towers, Halogen Balloon Lighting | Metal Halide Balloon Lighting for Police, Fire, Public Works and more