• Forum membership has its advantages....

Mastercraft 3G

Ziggy

Does anyone run a 3G seat.I saw 2 in Iron man Ivans truck this week at Infineon.

Are they a safer seat?

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Fantastic seat..

The only problem I have seen with them is they are so comfortable that you can fall asleep in them. Barco loungers is what we call them.:D

maxyedor

Only had a couple chances to ride in them, but I love them.

Tough to say if they're safer, I'm no expert, but I'd say they should be much safer than normal suspension seats simply because they'll hold you in better and the head-rest extends higher up, past the center of your head, so they should be more supportive in a crash. Not sure how they'd stack up against and FIA homologated seat like a Sparco evo, I assume they'd be comparable, but as far as I know they have not been tested head to head, so I doubt anybody can tell you for sure.

Not sure who would have some in stock, as I've never seen a "standard" one, everybody gets custom colors and materials, but call around, somebody will have one sitting in their showroom for you to take a test-sit in, closest place I can think of to call in NorCal is Poly Performance, though Shaffers may have one as well.

I have raced in them in our TT and they were good. There are tons of threads about this seat and others. The search button could help you out a little too. Maybe try searching suspension vs non suspension seats

OffRoadGeorge

I have the 3G wide version in the pre runner and they are good comfortable seats. Only issue was getting them, Mastercraft sucks took over 10 weeks to get them to build them and their customer service is horrible. Mastercraft could give a S... about their customers, I even talked to the owner and he blew me off and tried to get me to buy some lesser quality seats they had in stock. I have Beard seats in the 1 Car and they actually have better back support.

Sit in them first.

Ziggy

Thanks Guys.
I went to Nascar last weekend and looked at Ivan Stewarts Toyota Pro Truck.He had 2 Mastercraft 3gs in it.
I ordered my seat and after a small mix-up we had it in a week.

BenStock

Was looking to put one of these in my 9 car.

What do you guys recommend for accessories? Mainly adjustable lumbar is what I was interested in. Is it worth it?

Also, I'll be using an R3 HNR in the seat too. Do I need to use the foam insert that the R3 comes with?

maxyedor

Anyone have any recommendations on the adjustable lumbar? Worth ordering?
I say yes, others will disagree, but I like adjustable lumbar in any seat. No matter what the situation, if you sit in the same position long enough (even a really confortable one), your body is going to start aching, it's nice to be able to fiddle with the lumbar and get some relief.

sickdayz

I say yes, others will disagree, but I like adjustable lumbar in any seat. No matter what the situation, if you sit in the same position long enough (even a really confortable one), your body is going to start aching, it's nice to be able to fiddle with the lumbar and get some relief.
True, but i notice that the 3G seat has a pretty good lumbar built in. Not ajustable though...

MadMike1111

We have them in our 11 car. They have to be staggered for the wings to fit. A 5/1600 would be the same.

We figured that the car doesn't have great suspension so maybe we should have some awesome seats to help out.

HardCharger81

I'm Still looking for a set of seats to put in my Group T / 1450 truck I'm building.

I keep going between 3G's, Corbeau, and some type type of Sparco seat. My issue is I'm a big guy trying to fit in a small truck. How much room does there need to be between the bottom of the seat and the floor of the cab in a suspension style seat?

I really wish someone in NorCal delt with some of this stuff, I'd prolly pay extra for a seat I could atleast sit in once before I bought it.

baja619

Sounds like you should call the manufactures or better yet Camburg or kartek. They both have a lot of experience setting up customers with the best options for their projects.

Alex Paterson

I'm Still looking for a set of seats to put in my Group T / 1450 truck I'm building.

I keep going between 3G's, Corbeau, and some type type of Sparco seat. My issue is I'm a big guy trying to fit in a small truck. How much room does there need to be between the bottom of the seat and the floor of the cab in a suspension style seat?

I really wish someone in NorCal delt with some of this stuff, I'd prolly pay extra for a seat I could atleast sit in once before I bought it.
Try Jeff at UPR Racing for info on Sparco's and fitting them. They can custom fit seats buts its a pretty penny.

Alex

Beat98TJ

They are by far my favorite seat, and I have tried Sparco's, Recaro's and standard Mastercrafts.