Material shortages will soon have a greater impact on racing.

9rocky

RDC Crypto
As we supply a large amount of critical fasteners to the off road community, we thought we should give everyone a heads up. As many already know, Covid19 impacted many components required to build and maintain our race vehicles. The Albins trans issues and the micro chip shortage have made transmissions, gears, and ECU's almost impossible to get from some manufacturers. It is our opinion that this problem will get 10 times worse due to the invasion of Ukraine. The raw materials used in micro chips and metals come largely from two places, Russia and Ukraine. Things like palladium, nickel, platinum, copper, iron, and especially titanium come from these two countries. We used to hear things like "28 weeks delivery" when we quote materials from our suppliers. We have heard something that rattled us from them this last week. "We are unable to quote at this time" is what they are telling us. This is unprecedented, and frankly frightening.

I know this is the desert racing thread, but as RDC is one of the "plazas" we meet in to discuss our sport, I felt it was necessary to give people this news to allow them to try to plan accordingly.

RPI Racing

Tom_Willis

RDC Crypto
Yup.

Attachments

• il_1588xN.3319647461_stb5.jpg
    il_1588xN.3319647461_stb5.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 0
Advertising supports this site

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
I agree, it’s a problem. I just had to buy a single 3/4” 4” shank RPI bolt and it was $75. Haha

I think most of our parts are American made. So I bet we keep getting them, we will just be paying a crap ton for them.

Mike

9rocky

RDC Crypto
I agree, it’s a problem. I just had to buy a single 3/4” 4” shank RPI bolt and it was $75. Haha

I think most of our parts are American made. So I bet we keep getting them, we will just be paying a crap ton for them.

Mike
That did not take long.

You missed the point. There will be NO material to make anything in the US at any price until the material producers are able to source their components from other places. Boeing has a titanium contract with Russia until 2028. Now, they have to develop plan B. That does not happen overnight.

We will not go into how that bolt, if treated properly, will last you 2 years and we sold it cheaper than we do to our aerospace customers. Not to mention the performance improvement of as you say your "old, cheap, truck..."

Last edited:

Rprice

RDC Crypto

Mike
Hey look, Pile figured out a way to make it about himself and his $$$..

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Haha you guys are so sensitive.

I got the point. Settle down.

Just literally had to pay for a premium for bolt, I think it was at least 30% more than I paid before. Which I happily paid because it’s worth it. I would have nothing less than RPI bolts on our truck.

He brought up RPI after I just bought a RPI bolt. Sorry I had a relevant experience to share about supply chain. LOL 😂

Mike

9rocky

RDC Crypto
Haha you guys are so sensitive.

I got the point. Settle down.

Just literally had to pay for a premium for bolt, I think it was at least 30% more than I paid before. Which I happily paid because it’s worth it. I would have nothing less than RPI bolts on our truck.

He brought up RPI after I just bought a RPI bolt. Sorry I had a relevant experience to share about supply chain. LOL 😂

Mike

I am RPI

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website

Uh Yeah I know. Haha that’s why I used the RPI boot example. Haha

I was making the point that many of the parts we get are American made, which I am a huge fan of. We will keep getting American made stuff but it will just cost more. Case in point.

I am a huge fan of RPI. I am a sucker for luxury high end products. Hehe

Edit. Man I must be being a jerk lately. Haha everyone ready to pounce on me.

Mike

Last edited:

Ikaika

RDC Crypto
Hey Kevin,

I'd like to purchase some bolts if possible.

I did send an e-mail to you directly approximately a month ago & did not get a reply.

Are you still accepting orders ?

Rprice

RDC Crypto
Uh Yeah I know. Haha that’s why I used the RPI boot example. Haha

I was making the point that many of the parts we get are American made, which I am a huge fan of. We will keep getting American made stuff but it will just cost more. Case in point.

I am a huge fan of RPI. I am a sucker for luxury high end products. Hehe

Edit. Man I must be being a jerk lately. Haha everyone ready to pounce on me.

Mike
Na man your not a jerk, you seem nice. Your just a moron that has almost zero clue as to what the subject matter pertains too.
Anyway….MOTEC products are sitting on shelves waiting for components, no timetable on when they will be available.

Tube ride

RDC Crypto
After 4 weeks searching for a oil cooler seal for a 2001 duramax , I finally had to upgrade the whole oil cooler to 2007 up cooler ( extra 600 and throwing good parts away wasting ) because the old seal is no longer available. Sorry to make this about me . 414A0F65-68AC-4404-9E42-1C8EFC1658B2.jpeg

mvalentine78

RDC Crypto
Agreed 100% Kevin!! gonna get worse before it gets better.
Recently I had to purchase the Motec PDM 32's over the PDM 30's due to supply issues and no answer at the time when the 30's would be available. And it will only get worse, and even with a change tomorrow we are still in for it for some time.

BHollander

RDC Crypto
It is getting bad. We source board components for a product we are developing and recently something I would typically pay $3-$10 for from digi key or mouser I am going to china for and paying 150-200% just to keep our parent company happy with forward progress. These are components that 2 years ago they had 100k plus in stock.

There are many major shortages coming very quickly if something does not give.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Na man your not a jerk, you seem nice. Your just a moron that has almost zero clue as to what the subject matter pertains too.
Anyway….MOTEC products are sitting on shelves waiting for components, no timetable on when they will be available.

Haha thanks. I know I am from UT so everyone assumes I am Mormon. Oh wait you said moron. Haha.

Just fyi I am in the electronics manufacturing buisness and also have a Low voltage integration company. I might know a thing or two about supply chain and materials. Was just out helping a trucker unload a 20ft wide LED video wall that we manufactured in our shop in China and took months longer than it should. It’s one giant micro chip.

Mike

9rocky

RDC Crypto
Hey Kevin,

I'd like to purchase some bolts if possible.

I did send an e-mail to you directly approximately a month ago & did not get a reply.

Are you still accepting orders ?
We typically sell through our dealers. Your email must have been caught up, sorry about that. Send another one, I will look for it, and I will see if we need to send you to a dealer.

51rcr

RDC Crypto
i do spray foam. has been revolving raw shortages. for various reasons. some never have had a shortage. price percentages are up like everyone else's numbers. Yet the manufactures are killing it with huge profits. Makes sense doesnt it? Of course a new reason is oil again another xx% increase. Projected increses and wont balance til 2025, interesting timing with a year to balance out. Everything is just going to keep going up until we have a major global collapse to shut it all down. Or flatten the supply curve is a good way to say it.

masleca

RDC Crypto
Just FYI to everyone.............for most things made out of metal "..in America...", since our country is trying to be so Green, most of the Alloy to make those metals come from either Russia, Ukraine, or China,,,,,,,,,,think that over for a while and then you'll see the big picture.
Kevin is just trying to tell you that this has been on collision course for America for years, but now it's going to get ramped up really quickly

We will have trouble in ALL Manufacturing in America, because we were so short sighted that we Shat on everyone who supplies our Alloys, including American Suppliers !!!