Material shortages will soon have a greater impact on racing.

CodyS

DA Un`
RDC Crypto
Website
www.DesertAssassins.com
Why isn't there anybody who wants to retread the thousands of the most popular offroad pickup truck tires like 315/75/16, or 35/12.50/16? Seems like the old ones are available for nothing, and there's plenty of guys who would buy them. A new Raptor spec BFG AT KO2 tire is 62.4lbs, costs north of $300, and is currently backordered. And when it's worn out probably over 90% of the material remains. There's gotta be a profit in obtaining used tires for free and adding about 5lbs of new tread before selling them for 50% of the new retail price.
Give us a call at Jackson Motorsports. We can get you some KO2s in Raptor sizes. 800-RaceBFG

CodyParkhouse

RDC Crypto
Why isn't there anybody who wants to retread the thousands of the most popular offroad pickup truck tires like 315/75/16, or 35/12.50/16? Seems like the old ones are available for nothing, and there's plenty of guys who would buy them. A new Raptor spec BFG AT KO2 tire is 62.4lbs, costs north of $300, and is currently backordered. And when it's worn out probably over 90% of the material remains. There's gotta be a profit in obtaining used tires for free and adding about 5lbs of new tread before selling them for 50% of the new retail price.
As a rule only all steel casings are retreaded, and there are only a few commercial LT tires that fall in that category. We do some specialty stuff outside of that but very, very little.

Advertising supports this site

rampageman

RDC Crypto
The lumber market nationally fluctuates with demand, housing market performance, predictions on demand, weather, geo political happenings. It costs the exact same amount to produce it aside from fuel prices as of late.

I don't really know enough about metal, electronics to comment but with lumber they turn production on and off to suit their needs. Same goes for oil, obviously.

Completely possible in other markets. But absolutely happening in oil/wood.
Our sawmills, particleboard, plywood and hardboard mills are full of logs, shavings and chips. For awhile, not too long ago, they were not taking logs, they didn't have any room. There is no lumber shortage, we are being screwed, simple as that.

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
Our sawmills, particleboard, plywood and hardboard mills are full of logs, shavings and chips. For awhile, not too long ago, they were not taking logs, they didn't have any room. There is no lumber shortage, we are being screwed, simple as that.

Yeah I don't recall if the word shortage was ever used. Supply chain constraints maybe. Worker strikes. Weather. Natural disasters. Geo-Political. All good ways to justify turning the faucet on and off the suit the needs of your supply/demand curve and pad the investors wallets.

Don't like it. Don't participate in the market. Pretty much simple as that.

We ( the lumber company ) who sells to the consumer doesn't get to decide what we pay wholesale for a product so don't hate your local lumber yard. :)

rampageman

RDC Crypto
Yeah I don't recall if the word shortage was ever used. Supply chain constraints maybe. Worker strikes. Weather. Natural disasters. Geo-Political. All good ways to justify turning the faucet on and off the suit the needs of your supply/demand curve and pad the investors wallets.

Don't like it. Don't participate in the market. Pretty much simple as that.

We ( the lumber company ) who sells to the consumer doesn't get to decide what we pay wholesale for a product so don't hate your local lumber yard. :)
I don't think we've heard a truthful reason for the exponential inflation yet. 8% my ass. Most if not all of the wood that comes from the Pac NW is direct from mill to lumber yard, I spent 3 years with my own truck at Sprinter and Thomas and sons pulling a curtain van. Direct from mill to a yard in So Cal every single load, so supply chain difficulties are out, Pac NW based trucks are generally driven by people that have a good handle on driving in any condition, weather is out. on and on.

The reasons that get fluffed to the masses are generally complete horseshit. Alot of money is getting made by people at the top and they're laughing all the way to the bank.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
I don't think we've heard a truthful reason for the exponential inflation yet. 8% my ass. Most if not all of the wood that comes from the Pac NW is direct from mill to lumber yard, I spent 3 years with my own truck at Sprinter and Thomas and sons pulling a curtain van. Direct from mill to a yard in So Cal every single load, so supply chain difficulties are out, Pac NW based trucks are generally driven by people that have a good handle on driving in any condition, weather is out. on and on.

The reasons that get fluffed to the masses are generally complete horseshit. Alot of money is getting made by people at the top and they're laughing all the way to the bank.
Those are supply issues. I think the issue was with demand.

B.HAGLE

Solutions
RDC Crypto
As I said, the mills are full, with both raw materials and finished product.

But a full mill is a cheap mill. Material clogging up their yard makes for fire sales.

A mill with a backlog and no material on the ground sets their price and gets it.

That is the constant ebb and flow that most people don't realize sets the tone for the market value of stuff.

rampageman

RDC Crypto
But a full mill is a cheap mill. Material clogging up their yard makes for fire sales.

A mill with a backlog and no material on the ground sets their price and gets it.

That is the constant ebb and flow that most people don't realize sets the tone for the market value of stuff.
For sure, absolutely agree,

But the mills have been consistently full, so we should be seeing cheap wood products, yet we're not. There's alot of black wood still in decks in the woods from the fires last year, because there is no room for it, at this point, it will probably get chipped instead of getting turned into dimensional lumber.

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
IMO it’s these companies realizing price elasticity is greater than previously believed. Most companies are making money hand over fist. Per unit increases in revenue pale in comparison to the per unit cost inputs.

Formula 1 teams have requested an increase in the budget cap to account for these increases.

A 10 year graph of US corporate profits, by quarter, in millions.

1651790022820.png

Up 5x in the last 20 years:

1651790208608.png