Material

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I wanted to know if anybody has some aluminum diamond plate (1/8, 3/16 or ?)lying around that I coud have. I need at least a 4'x4' piece. I am building a robot (battlebot www.dmsrace.com
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

ntsqd

Reaction
Can't help with the diamond plate, but post pics or links to pics when it's done. Preferably b4 it gets used........

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I can post a partial solid model if interested?

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

1992f150

Reaction
It costs so much to buy it from a metal yard....they wanted over 50 bucks for a 2'x4', 1/8" thick sheet.

Azusa: shame of the foothills

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Lowe's wants 70 for 4x4 and cant sponor us for 3 weeks and we need it yesterday so I think I will just go buy it.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

1992f150

Reaction
Go to metal yards, you might get lucky and find some scrap, which they price by the pound.

Azusa: shame of the foothills

shrek

Reaction
How about some alum. plate, not diamond plate.

Let me know.........Call me. I have it in my shop if you need it tonight.

Racing isn't everything.............it's the only thing!!!

Dave_G

Reaction
Kris,
I don't have any diamond plate but if you need anything else that I might have I'd be willing to donate it to the project. Just PM me and let me know what you need.

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I attached the school article which has some pictures of our robot...the aluminum one, with a rear hoop of a Tacoma bumper spinning as our weapon! We (my buddy and I)took first in the competition and first in design with our electo pneumatic hovering system. It weighed in at 52 pounds which was 8 below the limit and 8 below our best competitor. I could drive over it with my truck and it would not get hurt. Thanks Duffco Dan and Superior Communcations for the help with material. Our out of pocket cost was $190 which put us over our inteneded budget but still came in lower then another group.

More pictures are available at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.csupomona.edu/~kranderson1/ME325L/polybots.html>http://www.csupomona.edu/~kranderson1/ME325L/polybots.html</A>

Kris
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Kritter on 09/09/02 11:15 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

Attachments

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Supposed to spend $100 max. We had everything except for wheels/tires, belt, cogs, regulator, CO2 bottle and the pneumatics and we were still way over. And we had to pay 35 bucks each(which was not factored in) to take a adult ed class at a local school to get an open machine shop. Duffco supplied the weapon, M&D Racing supplied the sheet aluminum, and Superior supplied the manifolds and two way air valves.

Kris

shrek

Reaction
Glad to hear you won, Chris. Did they keep the battlebot??? I would like to see the thing sometime if they did not. Thanks for the mention about the alum.

Matt
MD Racing

Racing isn't everything.............it's the only thing!!!

Wayne_Nosala

Reaction
I just bought some Aluminum diamond plate from a scrap yard here in the valley caled "Max Scrap"
they are here in chatsworth, they still have a few odds & ends of plate over there. They
get about a doller a pound for it. I dont have the phone # handy, but if you need it,
Email me i can dig it up
Wayne

Nosala.com