Matomi Wash Bottleneck

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Apparently at this race, there was at least 1 class 10 car that did it as well. The story I was told was that another class 10 pulled out of line and "t-boned" him to try to stop him from going around the line as it started to move, then a 6100 did as well. The 6100 also tried to chase this car down. I was not there, but this is how it was relayed to me.

Imagine if everyone just jumped out of line and it was a gigantic free for all to get through that super narrow spot? It would make the situation 100x worse. There’s always that “one” guy but now it seems like there’s a lot more than that “one” guy. My how things have changed in the last 10+ years that I’ve been doing this.

JoeyD23

Reaction
Imagine if everyone just jumped out of line and it was a gigantic free for all to get through that super narrow spot? It would make the situation 100x worse. There’s always that “one” guy but now it seems like there’s a lot more than that “one” guy. My how things have changed in the last 10+ years that I’ve been doing this.

1555367151777.png

9rocky

Reaction

The reason I posted this was to show that apparently there are many people that get very upset when this happens, as evidenced by the story that was told to me. We know the alleged perpetrators I mentioned, and they are very nice guys. Maybe a bad decision in the heat of the moment. Just figured since this issue was being discussed, I would chime in.

C4

Reaction
When there is only one single path up a hill or through a canyon then I understand the frustration of watching someone cut the line. I believe Wayne is saying it was NOT a single line for HIM because he blazed his own trail where others could not go. If he did not cut in line then he had every right to keep moving.
I pulled into Matomi in a 2x 7s truck a few years ago. Running short on time from problems earlier in the day I found myself at the back of the pack. I turned a corner in the wash to see 15 - 20 stuck / stopped vehicles. Without hesitation I went toward the rocks on the outskirt of the "line" everyone was sitting in. I drove around and kept moving. My Karma was a bent driveshaft that we quickly fixed and later the next day we won the Baja 1000. If I had it to do again I would X's 100.

jon coleman

Reaction
perception of the car crash, cop friend says you ask ten witnesses who' saw' the reck will give you ten different accounts, as long as all this goes into your racing memorie banks it will all work out.who was nice, who wasnt playing nice, who was nasty, remember that realty simply is , not good, bad , right or wrong , it simply is, its how you deal with it that is the Huge factor on the outcome.and baja etiquette IS essential in equal equipment.in known areas that are sticky, but , i was told early on in my amateur racing career, ' get over it'!

AZ7000'

Reaction
Uno por uno (one by one) was what the locals were hollering out and they kept it moving pretty well. The cold water and gatorade was a nice touch for those of us in line. @9rocky that was close to what happened, I think that 10 car that jumped the line ended up winning the race.... The lightning reflexes on the 1030 to try to stop him were impressive.

I believe Wayne is saying it was NOT a single line for HIM because he blazed his own trail where others could not go.
Incorrect

MikeAdams

Reaction
Uno por uno (one by one) was what the locals were hollering out and they kept it moving pretty well. The cold water and gatorade was a nice touch for those of us in line. @9rocky that was close to what happened, I think that 10 car that jumped the line ended up winning the race.... The lightning reflexes on the 1030 to try to stop him were impressive.

Incorrect

It’s painful to watch the jeep come to a complete stop.

offroadracer516

Reaction
Guess some of you missed the part where this is a race. Not a food line. Fastest to the finish wins. Being polite at all times wont do that for you.

ekozy39

Reaction
Exactly, kinda assumed the that's how things go and we followed the "right" thing to do. I guess with factory rides, and sponsor commitments, "you gotta do you". Which for everyone else in the class sucks, knowing the some will do anything to win. Imagine this was all in front of other racers, spectators I can only imagine what's happening the rest of the course.

Zambo

Reaction
Probably the best course of action is to not design the race with such an obvious and unavoidable bottle neck, especially at the start.

jon coleman

Reaction
oh no, thats gonna get baja purist blo- back.ill read the replys in the morning w- my coffee.nighty nite.....

Dhigbee

Reaction
Will there be funnel cakes at the fair .... wait in line lol. There are several lines in that wash. Make it happen and move forward. Hats off to Wayne for pushing forward and winning.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Wayne is in for the Fishgistics show on Thursday and Chase is gonna try and make it also! So be sure and tune in as we discuss this and the rest of the San Felipe 250!! The rest of the guests will be announced tomorrow too!

Total Loss

Reaction
Not long ago everyone was laughing at "golf carts".
Now they are complaining about them...Progress ! (ahh the magic 4wd button)