• Forum membership has its advantages....

Max Verstappen!!!

freddy

What can you say about this boy? 18 years old and takes home his first F1 win. Fantastic! I'm now a Red Bull fan, he's there until 2019 at least so I got to be. I wonder if we will look back at this race in 20 years and it's somewhat like Senna in Monaco. Yes, I'm talking Senna...

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

bajaherbie

congrats to him! but if it wasn't for the first lap shamozzle (Hamilton/Rosberg) he would have been a 3rd or 4th place car.

I have yet to drink a red bull.

trophygoat

^ thats all a part of racing though. You could argue that Lewis and Nico were pushing hard because they were under pressure from Max's presence, and Daniel's, and Ferraris of course. Max will be a future great without a doubt. I'm calling it now, he will podium at Monaco. He was racing like a boss there last year until he crashed.. but I like his style

freddy

^ thats all a part of racing though. You could argue that Lewis and Nico were pushing hard because they were under pressure from Max's presence, and Daniel's, and Ferraris of course. Max will be a future great without a doubt. I'm calling it now, he will podium at Monaco. He was racing like a boss there last year until he crashed.. but I like his style
Couldn't agree more, that's racing and you have to be there to make the most of the situation. We also have to remember that he had very limited time in the Red Bull car...

About the Rosberg and Hamilton crash. Apparently Rosberg had forgot to switch to "race" mode after the warm up lap, where they run in "harvest" mode to make sure the batteries are full and so on. This meant that after "launch" mode was deactivated after the start, the car went back to the most recent setting... meaning "harvest" mode, which meant Hamilton was catching Rosberg quickly and went for the gap and the rest is history. Obviously it worked out good for Rosberg as Hamilton didn't score any points and lost one race to catch up.

Bricoop

Gonna be tough coming from the back, especially at this track. Both RB teams sure look strong. If it is wet, as its expected to be, this will be a crazy race. I'm excited to watch Sainz in the rain, he sure impressed me last time it rained.