MAXXIS TIRE is the official tire of MDR

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Website
race-dezert.com
That is great news. I love it that all the tire companies are coming back into the mix and getting involved with off-road racing again. RDC is also teaming up with a tire manufacturer to become the official tire/sponsor of Race-Dezert.com.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
John_Bitting said:
That is great news. I love it that all the tire companies are coming back into the mix and getting involved with off-road racing again. RDC is also teaming up with a tire manufacturer to become the official tire/sponsor of Race-Dezert.com.

Will these tires make their debut on the Blazer when its finally done? :)

Fourstroker

Reaction
fishd00d said:
Ok now is that $1500 Cash for the SEASON winner or EACH race??? And what classes does this apply for? All?

Here is the exact release:

MAXXIX TIRE is the official tire of MDR

MDR is pleased to announce a partnership with MAXXIS TIRES for the 2005 season. MAXXIS is one of the world's leading tire produces with over 38 years of experience in producing high quality tires. Worldwide MAXXIS has more than 10,000 employees with distribution in over 100 countries.
MAXXIS has chosen MDR to showcase their line of off-road tires, offering an outstanding contingency to MDR racers. First place in all classes will receive $1500.00 CASH. Second place in all classes will receive $500.00 cash and 4 tires. Third place will receive 4 tires. MAXXIS will have tire support at the MDR races. This program is offered at all 12 MDR races. A team on MAXXIS tires who wins their class for 10 races will win $15,000.00 and receive a lot of exposure. Check out the MAXXIS Tires at the Wild Wash 250. Check with MDR for details.

Sounds like all classes and is per race at both The Superstition and California Series. Should benefit many if the tires hold up. Anybody used them before? Either way someone dumping money into our sport is always good news for someone.

racer951

Reaction
It seems like the companies that have just recently entered into the foray, (Maxxis & Mickey Thompson) the strategy is to throw a lot of money out to build their name FAST. It has worked with Mickey Thompson so far, a lot of racers have switched over. I would be interested to see if Maxxis has buggy tires. That could get me out to a few more races. Ya Fish, it sounds like a huge step-up; 1500 bucks for contingency every race is unheard of.

Edit: It kind of looks like it's for a certain tire, the "bighorn".

http://www.maxxistire.com/products/news_article.asp?id=236

Attachments

• ecommerce_thumbnail.jpg
    ecommerce_thumbnail.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 280

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Its worked for Toyo as well. I applaude all the companies stepping up, but it makes me wonder with all these people switching over if BFG will still offer the same level of support in Baja and else where...

jeff

Reaction
Website
www.performancelifts.com
This sort of money is a like a drop in a big lake for Maxxis. Maxxis tires are made by by Cheng Shin Rubber Ind. Co. Ltd. --- which is a HUGE multi-national company. What's interesting is that Cheng Shin also makes tires for Cheng Shin-Toyo Tire & Rubber Ind. Co. Ltd. in their joint venture that they started in 2003. It's pretty in-bred but as long as they pump money and support into the sport I say great.

Aloha

Ryan_P

Reaction
What tires are you gonna run? I need like a 33x10.50x15 and I don't any that are worthy. The buckshot tires are absolutley horrible, i've had many friends have problems with them. Let me know what tires you guys are looking into, all I can find is the "rock-crawler" tire and the Buckshot.

-Ryan

Fourstroker

Reaction
So what's the story from this weekend? How many people ran the Maxxis tires and how did they work and/or last. Good tires/bad tires? Most importantly did anyone take home the cold hard $1500. Let's hear it.

BOLT Performance

Reaction
Website
ridersonline.org
racer951 said:
It seems like the companies that have just recently entered into the foray, (Maxxis & Mickey Thompson) the strategy is to throw a lot of money out to build their name FAST. It has worked with Mickey Thompson so far, a lot of racers have switched over. I would be interested to see if Maxxis has buggy tires. That could get me out to a few more races. Ya Fish, it sounds like a huge step-up; 1500 bucks for contingency every race is unheard of.

Edit: It kind of looks like it's for a certain tire, the "bighorn".

http://www.maxxistire.com/products/news_article.asp?id=236

They seem to use the Bighorn name for multiple lines of products... The one in your picture is their Mud Terrain... Anyone know for sure what tire they are promoting for racing?

Ryan_P

Reaction
First off, before they do this, I feel that Maxxis should have released some more product lines and/or sizes to fit people's needs. Considering, they don't have a wide variety of tires or sizes for that matter, I feel that they are only focusing on the truck end, since they only have up to a 35 and don't have any smaller tires for a 15'' rim that could fit the rear/front of a 1/2 1600, 5/1600, 5 open, 12, 10, etc.

Also, no offense to anyone, but their Buckshot tire, mud terrain, is crap. They a really weak sidewall and often has bubbling defect. Next tire, the Creepy Crawler, is a rock-crawling tire and has a great sidewall, but once again a very slim variety of size and not the type of tread of off-road racing. Last but not least, the Bighorn Radial, IMO, good looking tire and great features, but I can't run them because of the sizes, I need a 33x10.50x15.

So, these are all my opinions, but they need to think about it before they jump into the sport like they did. They need a good solid tire with a wider variety of sizes, marketing and more classes than just a couple(1, 8, 7open, 1450)

jesusgatos

Reaction
Website
www.trailslesstraveled.com
I'm pretty sure the BigHorn is the tire they're promoting for this application. We should take their interest in this sport seriously, especially considering their growth/success in the Mountain Bike, ATV and Off-Road (motorcycle) markets. Our design studio does a lot of advertising work with Maxxis and we've seen them grow in all these markets over the past few years. You can bet that the Maxxis product line will benefit from the experience they gain through this program. I hope it's a sign of more good things to come.

Fourstroker

Reaction
How was the MAXXIS turnout this weekend? I couldn't make it but was curious if they were there and what kind of support they offered? It looks know one took home the cold hard cash from the contingency report but I was wondering how many guys ran the tires, which models they ran and how they performed. Let us know.

SuperDave

Reaction
I think I saw four trucks running the Maxxis tires, an 8 truck and three 14 trucks. I didn't see any of them with flats. I think it was Beldon who said they worked good.