MB Motorsports - Marc Burnett 2009 Baja 500 Video

Bink Designs

Reaction
Marc Burnett of MB Motorsports racing in the famed 2009 Baja 500. Utilizing GoPro Camera systems. Filmed and edited by "This Is Baja Productions"

Last edited by a moderator:

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Nice video. I love the cop running when Marc missed the turn at the beginning. That is classic!

Giant Geoff

Reaction
I like the early pit stop at the Pemex. When did they allow turbo’s in the class. Haha That things fast.

baja619

Reaction
4.0 no turbo. Sadly there was a "knocking" that ultimately took him out of the race.

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Was the knocking the broken axle? We saw him broke down in the summit with what I heard was a broken axle.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Very cool clip, I dig that truck for sure...

SPROCKET

Reaction
Was the knocking the broken axle? We saw him broke down in the summit with what I heard was a broken axle.

Axle was replaced when Marc got to the bottom of the summit the motor grenaded.
Sad cuase he was out front before the axle and still had a chance once it was replaced.

better luck next race

mrmatt

Reaction
Nice Video! Very well done!

Is that the old camburg edge truck?

SteveS

Reaction
The driver is a tool, how could you miss that turn . you were on your way to washing toilets in a mex jail .

gabe928

Reaction
Sweet video thanks for sharing. To bad they didnt get to finish they were running strong

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Nice Video! Very well done!

Is that the old camburg edge truck?

Yea that is THE EDGE... Man I miss that truck!

Here is another view of the cop running for his life.... lol

Last edited by a moderator:

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
On one hand, it is funny to watch the cop run for his life.... on the other hand, this was a close call that should not have happened.

I was hoping the driver of that truck had stopped and apologized to the policeman that almost lost his life because of the bonehead move of the driver, though the video indicates the truck did not even slow down to apologize.... BAD MISTAKE.... this truck, or this driver, should be banned from racing Baja. not cool.

JMS

Reaction
Think you guys are coming down a bit harsh no? Outside of a turn is not a smart place to stand! theres no speed limit in town (and I hope there never is)

MIKEY CHILDRESS

Iron Mike
Reaction
On one hand, it is funny to watch the cop run for his life.... on the other hand, this was a close call that should not have happened.

I was hoping the driver of that truck had stopped and apologized to the policeman that almost lost his life because of the bonehead move of the driver, though the video indicates the truck did not even slow down to apologize.... BAD MISTAKE.... this truck, or this driver, should be banned from racing Baja. not cool.

Marc is a great driver and hell of a motorcycle rider also..So he made a mistake and got in a little hot into a corner..Its RACING I failed spelling happens! I think what he did was smart rather then back it in and have it catch and go rolling thru the crowd and thru the cars maybe killing several people let off the brake go straight and turn around..Looks like experince paid off in this case..But I guess its a lot easier to sit on your KEYBOARD and show em how its done...And you wonder why people tend to shy away from this site...

stokessdca

Reaction

alright it is definitely "not cool" that it went down that way. but i think that your
saying that the driver should be banned from racing is a over reaction on your part.

both bj and robby spun out at the start of two different baja race's last year
everyone saw the vid on u tube and no one said anything about banning them.

in another famous incident the post tt was stopped at gun point for whatever
reason and no one said anything about banning him in fact he was latter awarded the winner of the race.

it is possible that apologies were extended to law enforcement through different
channels. that you are not aware of.

as far as the driver goes "marc burnett" i believe that he is new to racing 4 wheel
vehicles but that he is a veteran motorcycle racer. he also soloed and won class
6 at last years baja 1000 and he won class 6 at the last san felipe 250 race.

so anyway i dont know what the driver was thinking but i am sure that it was not
the high lite of his day ether and i probably would not have posted that part
it on the internet myself but others already have. so there ya go all just imo of
course.

Last edited:

stokessdca

Reaction
Marc is a great driver and hell of a motorcycle rider also..So he made a mistake and got in a little hot into a corner..Its RACING happens! I think what he did was smart rather then back it in and have it catch and go rolling thru the crowd and thru the cars maybe killing several people let off the brake go straight and turn around..Looks like experince paid off in this case..But I guess its a lot easier to sit on your KEYBOARD and show em how its done...And you wonder why people tend to shy away from this site...

this post is a excellent example of having a professional drivers opinion
and perspective on something. thanks mikey for sticking with all of us want
to be keyboard racers here on rdc.