MC-10 Takes 1st at Baja Cup - *VIDEO*

slablocal

Reaction
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MC-10 TAKES OVERALL AT BAJA CUP
Saturday Recap - Glen Helen Baja Cup - Round 1

Paramount, Ca (April 15, 2009) – Speed Unlimited Motorsports is proud to announce their 1st place finish at round one of the 2009 Glen Helen Baja Cup Series. With a whopping 100 test miles on the vehicle, and still fighting to find the right shock setup, we decided to go with the expert advice of McKenzie’s Jeff Quinn. With his ideal spring/valving setting in place, we headed out to Barstow to really get her dialed in. After several hours of tinkering with the bypass tubes and doing passes by the truck, we had ourselves a whole new race car. A car that out performed what we had originally conceived possible given its size.

We arrived at Glen Helen just in time for the drivers meeting, and the prerun that followed immediately after. This was the first race for the new car and the first race for 2 of the 3 driver. We were planning on this race being an extension of our earlier test session. A 4.5 mile loop of jumps, whoops, and hairpin corners, the type of terrain you won’t find at Barstow’s Outlet Center Drive. After 2 hours, 67.5 miles, 2 mandatory tire changes, and 2 driver changes, the MC-10 crossed the finish line in 1st place with the checkered flag.

We wanted to thank all the friends and family of Speed Unlimited for their support of this vehicle at the race, and throughout the whole build. A thank you to our sponsors for their support and contributions: Replica Graphics, C&R Radiators, King Shocks, HAUABUSAalternator.com, Relative Engineering, VisionX Lights, Zoops Products, Santa Ynez Valley Properties, SJ Custom Farming, and Fiberwerx. That thank you also extends to the people here on this forum for your support throughout the build of this vehicle, be it advice given, or critiquing. We're all excited for this little car, and what the future may hold for the MC-10.

Thanks to the staff and everyone involved in the racing efforts at Glen Helen, for putting on a local race that is exciting, affordable, and local!

http://vimeo.com/4156226

Hollowpoint

Reaction
Good job on the win!

Have there been any issues with the transaxle/drivetrain(Jeffco, right?) as far as durability over the rough?

slablocal

Reaction
Yes it is a Jeffco. We have not had any issues with the diff as of now, with around 200 miles on it. We did alot of homeowork on diffs before buying one, and EVERYONE said the jeffco is the only way to go.

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
Yes it is a Jeffco. We have not had any issues with the diff as of now, with around 200 miles on it. We did alot of homeowork on diffs before buying one, and EVERYONE said the jeffco is the only way to go.
soooo since My shop is a half mile down the street from Speed Unl... and you guys have worked on my 12 car... how about a test drive? This thing is amazing!!!:D

Any plans of getting it approved by other race organizations other than BITD?

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
Congrats on the finish and the win. Great video, car looks nice

slablocal

Reaction
soooo since My shop is a half mile down the street from Speed Unl... and you guys have worked on my 12 car... how about a test drive? This thing is amazing!!!:D

Any plans of getting it approved by other race organizations other than BITD?
We are going to try and get approved in as many organizations as possible, but its hard to get approved when they can't see how it does against other cars out in the desert. We are going to be doing some desert racing here soon, so we'll find out.

Dempkowski...sign on that dotted line, and you can test drive your little heart out. :D

TutTech

Reaction
Congrats on the win. Really Great job.

The video was really cool. The car looked great and I new you guys could do it.

Outstanding and I look forward to seeing an hearing more from you guys.
I look forward to seeing you guys out in the open desert and watching the car run and seeing how great
it will do. I am sure you guys will be turning heads with your really well built motorcycle powered buggy.

Keep up the great work and see you in the desert.

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Reaction
I have been sticking my head in Speedunlimited tha last couple of years now and have been watching this from the ground up, the only problem is......my name isn't "Driver of record!" Can't wait to see this thing in the open desert! What class are you shooting for?

TutTech

Reaction
Also can you give us some specs? What motor is in it, what horse power, whats the wheel base, how much front and rear wheel travel, things like that??

Are you selling them? How much?

2 seat version in the works?

Thanks.

slablocal

Reaction
Motor: GSXR-1300 180 H.P. @ Crank
Transmission: Integrated 6 Speed Sequential
Differential : Jeffco F.N.R.
C.V.'s: 930
Weight: 1650 Pounds
Wheelbase: 96"
Trackwidth: 68"
Front Travel: 20"
Rear Travel: 17"
Tires: 30" BFG All-Terrain
Chassis: 1.5" 4130 Chromoly TIG welded

This was built to be a production car, with jigs and repetition in mind.
Price is $62k, with power steering.

There will not be a 2 seat 1300cc version. The ideal behind this car was weight vs power. The extra weight of a 2 seat chassis and occupant would take the "edge" off this vehicle. Along with having to run larger components (shocks, bearings, etc...) for the added weight, its a snowball effect that would roll this vehicle out of our ideal specs. We have a 2 seat car that we are going to be building hopefully sometime this year. It is not a class 10, but it will be a smaller, lighter, and hopefully faster vehicle than this particular class is used to seeing. But thats a whole different story that were not going to get into until the MC-10 is tested and proven in the desert.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
The car looks as tho it is working very well.