MC Desert Racing

Littlenutts

Reaction
Dose anyone on this board race desert on Motorcycles? Part of any clubs?

They are REAL!

mustafa

Reaction
It's been a few years since I race D-37, but I have been thinking about getting back into it. I used to belong to the Training Wheels M/C, but they were more into
Enduros and didn't focus too much on Hare & Hound races.

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.

SuperDave

Reaction
I raced the Hare Scramble that 100's M.C. hosted in Johnson Valley at the Rock Pile last October. It was a Distrct 37 event. Had a great time. Very cool club.

Dave

Rover 4

MikeOhlhausen

Reaction
I race some of the BITD series in the Iron Man class. Main goal in those races is finishing in front of the Trophy Trucks.

Littlenutts

Reaction
Cool I Think I am going to try a race next year. I went to the So. Cal. M.C. National Hare and Hound this year and it was a blast. My girl friend is in So. Cal. M.C. and I think I am going to join that club. All cool people.

They are REAL!

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I raced D-37 in the 80's to early 90's. I was a member of Desert M/C. Had a blast everytime I raced. The different types of races are enjoyable as well (H&H, Hare Scrambles, European Scrambles, and Dual European Scrambles). I have/had many friends in other clubs too (Dezert Vipers, 100's MC, HBMC, Prairie Dogs, RUTS, etc.)...most clubs are pretty cool. You might even check out the Checkers M/C...They have a long history of all forms of desert racing...however, I don't think your girlfriend could become a member, it's all men! Some clubs put on races that are better than others but I would suggest going to their monthly meetings to check it out. I am sure most of them would welcome you and answer any questions you might have.

Check out the D-37 offroad website for club links:

http://www.district37ama.org/offroad/clubs.html

Confucius Say - "For every man who do Flying-W, come down with nuts in mouth."<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BajaWaldo on 12/17/02 02:46 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

IDRA_CRB

Reaction
Checkers M/C now has one female member.

Reese King
Checkers Off Road

desertratt

Reaction
i have been racing d-37 for the past few years. i try and not miss a race. we've got a small group that goes. about 5-6 of us that race. the others just pit and play ride. i just went and did the lv 200. that was fun. it was my frist big time race since the 80's when i used to race 3-wheelers out in the desert.

drive fast and take chances!!

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
Been racing D-37 off and on for over 20 years, presently an Open Vet expert. I am a member of So. Cal M/C. Have been a Shamrock, and a Master link. Sold my bike to my brother about 6 months ago but still have access to it. Racing Adelanto?

If your gunna go.........go Ghetto...

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
D37 is great. All the races I ran there I had a blast at. All of the above clubs mentioned have really cool people in them. D38 also has some great races going on and FRT. Plenty to keep you busy this riding season. I have raced 3wheelers and quads in D37 and 38 so dont be shy. Try em both.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.socalmotocross.com/vtrracing//>Vtr Racing.com</A>

SuperDave

Reaction
Since we're on the subject of MC Desert Racing, what's your favorite bike to race? I've been riding a XR650 for the last year and a half. Great bike but I'm a little tired of the weight. Anyone racing/riding a KTM or 450?

Dave

Rover 4

Littlenutts

Reaction
I don't know yet When is it?. I have never raced a desert race. Raced motocross for about a year. It looks like a blast and I just love being in the desert. Do you need to be a AMA member? I am going to the So Cal. M/C meeting in Jan. to find out more about the club and racing.

They are REAL!

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Adelanto GP is my favorite race of the season. I raced for the first time in 1985 and it was Adelanto GP. It runs every year in February. I have listed a web site for all interested.

A couple of notes:

*The offroad section starts out pretty nice but it gets chewed later in the afternoon and rest of the weekend. However, the race travels through people's neighborhoods and the transition from dirt, to side streets, to moto x, to street (start area), and then back to dez is very fun and nostalgic to me.

*There are two days of racing and I feel the Desert Vipers put on a great show. Now, BITD is the sanctioning body. IT IS NOT AN AMA SANCTIONED EVENT...SO NO POINTS AVAIlABLE, except for BITD. Last year and the year before, the AMA wanted EVERY participant to become a member. I don't think you need to be a D-37 member either. There are over 2000 racers every year and the ama wanted a piece of the pie. The Vipers and D-37 had issues with this and the AMA said see ya! This year, you pay for your entry fee and a membership fee to BITD. There is a "special" weekend membership to BITD of only $5 if you do not want to become a full fledged member.

*There are spots to camp, as well as, many motels/hotels in the area.

*I will be there both days. I haven't decided if I am racing or not...I haven't raced since 1997.

*Whoever goes, we need to hook up!

Here is a web site address for more info!

http://www.desertvipersmc.com/Ad2k/inform.htm#AGP

Confucius Say - "For every man who do Flying-W, come down with nuts in mouth."

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
Feb 22, 23. $40 pre entry, $50 post entry. Classes for almost everything. Couple years ago I raced a 70' step thru CT90 in the vintage class. Hwy 395 Downtown Adelanto, if ya can call it that.

I perfer the well proven KX 500. Have not ridden many 4 strokes.

If your gunna go.........go Ghetto...

Littlenutts

Reaction
That sounds like a blast! How many laps and how big is one lap? Do you need people to pit for you?

They are REAL!

SuperDave

Reaction
I think last time the loop was about 10 to 11 miles. Then you race for 30 (?) minutes + 1 more lap. I think the leaders finished in about 45 minutes.

Rover 4

Mark_Miller

Reaction
Are you kidding? Of course we do. I'll be teaming with Matt Berault in 250 pro at BITD laughlin race, If you only do one race a year that has to be it! Also Lightning Larry Ragland and Dangerous Dan Ragland will be racing the over 50 pro race at Laughlin and Chad Ragland will race with John Rascal. Thats 4 truck racers pickin the bike race over the Score race.....

desertratt

Reaction
the pros usally get in 5 laps. the rest of us mortals for the most part do 4. you dont need pits for a grand prix. just a place to park your truck. if you go, i suggest going up friday afternoon to try and get a good spot to camp. and camp all week end. even if you are only racing one day. saturday night theres a band. its just a goood week end of fun!

drive fast and take chances!!