Mdr 200 night race this sat.

Anaconda Racing

TALKED TO PATRICIA TODAY , 8 LAPS , 25 MILES, 7:30 PM START,:eek: AND GREAT WEATHER AROUND 95 DEGREES.

talkjk

7:00, 6:00, 7:30? It's all good. Will they be updating there website with a map or GPS before the race?

LukeMcMillin

It will be an awesome race! Great turn out, great, fast course. The course is 100% marked in PC, map should be up shortly!

LukeMcMillin

Because the course is marked and open. lol... I haven't been round it though, but I know of someone who has.

LSL_RACING

might want to recheck those markers very windy today fyi
Thats real funny. I was out there all day today working on the course and it didnt even mess up my hairdo!!!! Weather was perfect, about 84 degrees, no wind until the light breeze late afternoon, which will work out great for a night race. Saturday's forecast is for a high of 96 with a low of 67 degree's.

Now on to race information

OFFICIAL TIMES

5:30 MANDATORY DRIVERS MEETING

6:OO STAGING

6:30 GREEN FLAG DROPS

8 25 MILE LAPS
8 HOUR TIME LIMIT

SUNDAY

8:00 A.M. CRB IF NEEDED

9:00 AWARD CEREMONY

Half of the drivers wanted a 6:00 start, the other half wanted a 7:00 start so MDR split it at 6:30 P.M
If your race team will be arriving on Friday, June 12th. stop by the start/finish trailer for pre-registration. This will allow you to go straight to the Tech Inspection area on Saturday and will speed up the registration/tech process.

Look foward to seeing everyone in the desert.

Stephanie Lozano
MDR Course Director

JAM 1600

Thats real funny. I was out there all day today working on the course and it didnt even mess up my hairdo!!!! Weather was perfect, about 84 degrees, no wind until the light breeze late afternoon, which will work out great for a night race. Saturday's forecast is for a high of 96 with a low of 67 degree's.

Now on to race information

OFFICIAL TIMES

5:30 MANDATORY DRIVERS MEETING

6:OO STAGING

6:30 GREEN FLAG DROPS

8 25 MILE LAPS
8 HOUR TIME LIMIT

SUNDAY

8:00 A.M. CRB IF NEEDED

9:00 AWARD CEREMONY

Half of the drivers wanted a 6:00 start, the other half wanted a 7:00 start so MDR split it at 6:30 P.M
If your race team will be arriving on Friday, June 12th. stop by the start/finish trailer for pre-registration. This will allow you to go straight to the Tech Inspection area on Saturday and will speed up the registration/tech process.

Look foward to seeing everyone in the desert.

Stephanie Lozano
MDR Course Director
Nice solid info Steph ! Thanks for all of the hard work, now you 1600 dorks get your cars ready because Caitlin has some built up frustration inside of her from being away at school all year and she is ready to take it out on you guys !!! :D:D;)

dAdDy'S GiRl

Nice solid info Steph ! Thanks for all of the hard work, now you 1600 dorks get your cars ready because Caitlin has some built up frustration inside of her from being away at school all year and she is ready to take it out on you guys !!! :D:D;)

Im so ready! Ive got the itch!

NIKAL

This is just a reminder about services offered at the races.

Sunoco Race Fuel will be at Ocotillo / Plaster City Friday and Saturday for any racers who would like to purchase and pick up their fuel at the track. The pick up location is at Ocotillo Rentals & Tours which is located at the bottom of the Imperial Hwy exit off of I8. The Imperial Hwy exit is the exit you take to go to Plaster City if your coming from San Diego.

To pre-order your fuel you can call Bill Rodriguez with Sunoco Race fuels at; 619-247-1797 or 619-247-1798.

Ocotillo Rentals & Tours address;
1198 N. Imperial Hwy
Ocotillo, CA 92259

Also Ocotillo Rentals & Tours will be selling bags of ice for $2, so consider stopping in and toping off those ice chests before heading out to the main pit.

And once again MAG 7 will be out at the race offering pit support for only $30. This $30 will get you 1 pit at the main and 2 pits out on the course. MAG 7 will take out your tires and any supplies you might want on the course incase you need it. MAG 7 pit support is worth every dime, when you consider you dont need to have chase/pit guys out on the course for the whole night while you race. And knowing that MAG 7 has not only experience crews, but they have welders, oils, tools, LIGHTS! and so much more.

To sign up for MAG 7 Pit Support look for them Saturday along the Main Pit. This is where you will sign up, drop off your tires and then pick them up the next morning. At Tech and Registration MDR should also be able to point you in the right direction as to where MAG 7 is located on Pit Road.

And also by using MAG 7, this will allow you to have less crew and maybe some of those crew people would like to volunteer to help MDR during the race. There are so many different ways to help. Some positions do not require you to be out in the desert the whole race. Like helping line the classes up at the starting line, Checking for wrist bans, helping at Tech making sure teams get there contingency decals. Then if you want to get closer to the action there are road crossing and check point positions. Also remember MDR now has a new volunteer program and sponsors who help support the volunteers.

This year alone with the new volunteer program and Check Point sponsors we have been able to send each crew out with a cooler full of drinks and food. 5 brand new 10X10 EZ UP's were purchased to help keep the volunteer's a bit cooler and offer shade during the race. New totes were put together and have new safety vests, fire exstingushers, First Aid kits, sledge hammer, and a whole list of other goodies.

Also many of the sponsors have sent all kinds of goodie bags and swag to give the volunteers. We have given out T-Shirts, Hats, DVD's, Koozie Cups, Mini air compressors and bottles of Slime tire sealent, Tire air gauges and much more.

For this race Hawthorne Equipment rentals has donated 5 huge light towers to light up the night at the start/finish and check points!

Check Point and Road Crossing Sponsors;
Slime
ORW
UPR.com
Fiber-Tech
Competitive Metals
Buggy Works

dAdDy'S GiRl

geeez! Time and place hahahaha when you going down
well sam and i are driving down from SLO on fri night. so prob sometime mid sat. i'd like to get a lap in.... but its gonna be hot :( maybe I can ride in the cooler in the back of the rhino. hahahaha. but ya sometime sat.

NIKAL

well sam and i are driving down from SLO on fri night. so prob sometime mid sat. i'd like to get a lap in.... but its gonna be hot :( maybe I can ride in the cooler in the back of the rhino. hahahaha. but ya sometime sat.
Actually looking on weather.com they show Saturdays temps in El Centro as being 94 degree's for the high and 68 degree's as the low. Pretty much this whole week and going into next week shows these temps. Steph was just down there working on the course and said the weather has been very nice.

tmathews

I will be down there as well.. Earlier than normal I hope.... Will have some Miracool Bandanas for sale..

Gotta keep cool in the HEAT !! Will also be doing the staging for MDR !!!