MDR 400 COURSE NOTES

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
FOR GENERAL PURPOSE USE. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INACCURACIES>>>>>LOL

Marked the course today, still fast, rough and fun. The dreaded sand hill (mile 34) is packed as of today, I made it up no problem. Who knows if it will remain packed by lap 4 or 5. The entrance to the not so bad side trail is marked. As the hill rises there is a right turn arrow that leads to the trail, the entrance is marked with GREEN DAYGLO "marked direction of course" signs (they were all I could find that were differant the the regular markers) You will have to look for them, they are about 1/2 to 1/3 up the first rise, before the steeper rise. The trail is not marked past the entrance but is well burned in, just follow the tire tracks. It is tight and slow. The GPS location of the entrance is: N 34*28*242* w116*29*248*

PIT C has been moved to the east about 1/8 to 1/2 mile. Afer the left hand turn around the rock pile (mile 45) the course remains straight through the rollers. (it previously turned right, right after the rollers). the pits are a little after the rollers, a gradual downhill fast section before the road crossing. The course still crosses Bessemer Mine Rd at the same location. But after the crossing the right hand turn has been moved aproxx 1/4 mile. Look for the right turn markers a lillte bit further than usual.

P.S. This year MDR officials will be at the wall to prevent non race vehicles from driving the course.

Other than that it is the same old stuff.

Hope everyone drives safe and has a good time. <font color="red"> </font color> <font color="white"> </font color>

artman

Reaction
Can someone tell me how I can get to "the wall". I have heard alot about it and I want to see what it's all about. Thanks

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
from start finish drive south. Make a left where you see some people and drive down that road and over the small hill..watch out for all the jackasses racin on the access road because it is a blind hill. Also watch out on the access road coming into the main pit...last year there was a bad accident from idiots thinking the access road is a racecourse...to all of those out there Ijsut spoke of...step off to the side of the road and take the whoops instead!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Saturday
Sunny. Highs near 107.

Gona be hot but just a warmup for Henderson!!

singlehanded

Reaction
how exactly do you get there off the 15? what time does it start??
thanks

artman

Reaction
Exit at Bear Valley Rd. Go east to stop at 18, make a right. Go to Camp Rock Road, turn left. Go north, Camp Rock Road vears to the right. It starts at 7:00am. You will see people on the road, maybe follow them.

Tom_Willis

Reaction
There will be yellow signs at start/finish to direct you to "the Wall".. It is accessed on a graded dirt road, any car or SUV can make the trip. Bring an ice chest full of cold frosty beverages, some sort of shade, film, sunblock and a comfortable chair. Expect a lot of dust, please haul out your trash, there are no toilets in the area. WE DO NOT WANT KIDS RIDING AROUND ON BIKES OR QUADS AT THE WALL. There are a quarter million acres out there in Lucerne Valley to ride without having a race truck land on you.

motoxscott

Reaction
Good luck to everyone that is racing. I'm glad we're finally out of barstow. I can't wait to be on the access roads with a bunch of speeding, drunk, flatbillers with their fabtech kit'ed F-150's.

See everyone out there.

We're pulling for you Vance and Fish !! Take the win home in style and dont break the truck at the wall.

-Scott

TDORSloppy

Reaction
Thanks for the encouraging words there Scott. After that thought, (and the fact that its going to be 110 in the shade) my crew is pulling out and gonna chill in some nice A/C. Maybe well make it up in the morning. Any guesses how many people will be at the wall this year?

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Just got back, Frank took first in class 1. Not sure on any other classes. Dan will have another interesting story to tell when they get home, I'll let him or Austin tell it lol

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Had another great time out at the race. Hanging with arturo, mike, and the boyz drinking all of the tecates and mixing margies on the LJK margarita machine Friday night, and hanging at the wall all day today, it was great seeing everyone. Interesting flip of a 1600 car started the morning off with a bang. Luckily dezdude captured it for all to see. There was not much damage to the car which is always a good thing. A big congrats to Frank and Carolyn Hines on their dual victories today, they were both long overdue. Dan, sorry to hear about your long day. It was another race with tons of attrition, I bet half of the cars were done by second lap. It was not as hot as I thought it would be, for anyone that does not currently have an ez-up, go and buy one, it saved all of us today from the sun. Next race is the night race for MDR, lets start making plans after Henderson.

btw: Full Pull, next time triple the Tecate you bring so we dont have to trade RDC shirts for beer.

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
Congrats to all ....Frank and Carolyn on their double win, Both had a flawless day. With Boyle finishing 3rd in class at the V to R. hoping a flight to Vegas, then driving to lucerne to assist in the win was amazing.

DNF racing did finish, with parts borrowed from the peice and a wrecking yard in Victorville.

DAMN IT WAS HOT!!!!!!!!!!

I'll let Dan or Fish give the details.

sweetdevil

Reaction
FUN DAY!
i had a blast hanging out with everyone!
Congrats to Frank and Carolyn! What was the results of the sportsman class? How'd LaFortune do?

It was pretty toasty out there, but the ez up rocked! I'll remember to wear shoes next time... lol

motoxscott

Reaction
Had a great time out there as always. The weather wasn't bad, the breeze kept it cool. It was much worse a few weeks ago. From the momment we got there, it was action packed. Too all those who didn't go, you missed out.

Congrats to Frank getting the win and thanks for donating a new DezertRangers banner. We owe you one. RoadMap also kicked down a new DR banner, thanks for pulling through for us, you always do. We were pulling for you Dan &amp; Austin all the way. Glad to hear you finally finished.

The wall was packed with people in the morning, saw the RDC crew and now I'm known as the "ninja". Access roads were pretty good, we didn't encounter many wanna-be trophy truck drivers. I got to drool over some awesome i-beam/linked F-150's and Bronco's. It was good talking to you Dennis.

I filmed as much as I can, so I'll try and get a video up by tomorrow.

Good times as usual in the dez, I can't wait until the next race !

- Scott "the newly crowned Ninja"

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
1: Carolyn
unsure of exact finnish.....i think it was like this, sorry, was a little busy...lol
2: Growe, zero probs.......maybe......lol
3: LaFortune, Very noisy transmission
4: Ruddick, driving solo last lap??

I think that was all the finishers out of 12 plus entered.

TMR_LaFortune

Reaction
TMR racing 1455 would like to thank the 5-1600 car that went out of his way to get me to pull over and let me know my truck was on fire. I really appreciate it and if anyone who knows who this was if you would please e-mail me at prerunace@aol.com so I can get in contact with them to replace the extra fire extingusher that was needed to put the flames out. If the fire had gone on much longer the truck might of have been completly lost because we would not have been able to put it out. Another big thanks to Dan of Duffco for driving a lap for me and an unbeatable tuning of the truck. Thanks also to dean for all the help of prepping the truck and all the hard work. With losing 2 and 3 gear and finishing the last 20 miles with only 1st and 4th I would have to say it was a good race. Thanks also to everyone else to came out and helped.

Jason LaFortune

full_pull

Lobo
Reaction
"btw: Full Pull, next time triple the Tecate you bring so we dont have to trade RDC shirts for beer."

6 18-packs? Alright boss...