MDR 400

WFODAN

Reaction
Well after the race I wasn't really sure where we stood in the points . MDR has put up the current points standings and I am relieved . With the poor finishing positions of all the top three points holders it didn't change things much for us . We actually only lost one point in the standings . We are still in second place , and when MDR drops the worst finish of the year ( they only score the best six out of seven ) it would put us in first by three points right now . After the race we just had I am glad to escape with my skin , so the points staying about the same gives me alot of relief .

This race would not have been possible to finish without the help of my crew and friends .

Pat Kapco - You are the man brother !!! Everytime I broke Pat was there within minutes . All day !!

Fish - Another great job of driving the truck in for the finish , and going all the way back to the freeway and finding a wrecking yard that had our parts we needed .

Walt and Gregg - You guys rock !! Prep , pitting , chasing , co driving , you guys do it all .

Corey and Jason - Once we took the shocks off of the piece , you guys were our legs in the dez . Thanks again for all your help .

Matt, Nicole and the Total Chaos crew - Thanks for taking care of the broken shock problem . You guys made it to the pit before I got there with the truck and you were all ready to go to work . You guys were smokin fast and on the ball !!! Thanks also for waiting till we were done with our last lap before you abandoned your pit .

Motion Tire , BFI ,and N2S racing - You guys are always the glue that holds us together when we need you . You're the best !!! Congrats to Carolyn and Frank Hines for their wins in the 400 !!!!!!!! I told you it was coming .

For those that I forgot to mention , Thank you for everything . Racing is only possible when there is a team there to make it happen .

See everyone at the night race .

hoeker

Reaction
dan, just curious why the problem with the studs on the rear axle?? twice in one race must have really been hard to handle.

keep diggin!! get it done!!

WFODAN

Reaction
The problem with the studs was my fault . Back over New Years weekend we all went to Ocotillo . I had changed the rear tires and they weren't on as tight as they should've been . They sheered off on the right rear . We had to repair it in the wash at 1am . We didn't have any kind of press so they might not have gone back in 100% true . I was going to replace the axle all along but it just kept getting forgotten . This weekend during the race it came back to haunt me . The first time it sheered it oblonged the holes so I could only get four instead of five back in the axle . I knew they wouldn't last long but had to go for it . They only lasted about three miles and then broke again . This time it ruined the axle completely . That's why I sent Fish and Corey to the wrecker to get another one . All in all for all the problems we had it wasn't too bad of a race and the end result was a relief .

DuffcoDan

Reaction
hey Dan and team, way to go on the finish!!! When we saw you on the side of the course I stopped to see what was wrong. I figured your chase guys would be out there shortly. I didn't intend to kick up a big roost when getting back on course. I guess you owe me one? I was suprised when we saw you guys go by to start the second lap. I thought you guys would have packed up and gone home after sitting out in the hot desert for so long. Are you still taking your truck to the Del Mar fair tough truck competition?

frankh

Reaction
That what's racing offroad is all about getting to the finish line somehow. Congrad's on your finish. also thanks for alway giving Carolyn that little push to go faster and faster. That is what gets her to push it a little each time.

Frank

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I just got back from putting the shocks back on the truck and its ready to go! We'll be there for the 1 and 5 pm shows tomorrow at Del Mar!

WFODAN

Reaction
Actually Dan , that's one thing I've really been working hard to do , is finish every race . No matter what the problem is , fix it and finish . We are in it for the points this year , so every finish is important . A few years ago I would've been calling for the trailer to come and get the truck , but that was then . Every person on the team works hard to get the truck ready and keep it going . I would be letting all of them down if I called it quits without exhausting every possible avenue to make it to the finish line . They are just as important to the truck racing a race as I am driving it .

As for the roost ............. ya not nice , but nothing a nice punt in the ass won't fix . lol !!

Bonzen

Reaction
I think it was all about the Mike and I cruising out there in the stock tundra to lend some moral support and gatorade lol! I'll see you later today at the Hell Mar Fair.

-Ryan